Maruku Katello warning

Hey, this is bugging me for months:

|       md_entity("ldquo"),
|       "Actions::Katello::Repository::Synchronize",
|       md_entity("rdquo")
| ], nil)
| Available refs are []
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------
!/home/lzap/.rbenv/versions/2.7.2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/maruku-0.7.3/lib/maruku/output/to_html.rb:656:in `to_html_link'
!/home/lzap/.rbenv/versions/2.7.2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/maruku-0.7.3/lib/maruku/output/to_html.rb:891:in `block in array_to_html'
!/home/lzap/.rbenv/versions/2.7.2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/maruku-0.7.3/lib/maruku/output/to_html.rb:879:in `each'
!/home/lzap/.rbenv/versions/2.7.2/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/maruku-0.7.3/lib/maruku/output/to_html.rb:879:in `array_to_html'
\___________________________________________________________________________

Not creating a link for ref_id = "Actions::Katello::Repository::Synchronize".

Any idea where this comes from? Let’s fix this, it is Friday!

1 Like

If we can get rid of this, it would be amazing, it is so annoying and clogs up the output when trying to debug.

i’ve not seen this. Do you see it on every request?

Looks like the source is here:

For some reason, when booting up apipie passes this string to maruku which tries to convert it to a link but fails. @ofedoren any idea what’s going on here?

1 Like

Yes, I do see pretty often.

So all we need to do is remove the braces I guess as it is trying to interpret this as MD. I did the patch and it indeed does help! :slight_smile: Nice.

https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-tasks/pull/631

1 Like

@tbrisker, unfortunatelly I’m not so familiar with Maruku, but your suggestion makes sense. And as far as I know there are a lot of such warnings, so it will require to go through all apipie[_dsl] usage and check the places that can be wrongly interpreted by Maruku.

1 Like