More updates available from dnf then seen from Content Hosts view

On Foreman 3.3/Katello 4.5 and noticed when doing a dnf update on my foreman server that some updates arrived from the pulpcore repo + from AlmaLinux BaseOS repo.

=================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                              Architecture                 Version                                 Repository                       Size
=================================================================================================================================================================
Upgrading:
 pulpcore-selinux                                     x86_64                       1.3.2-1.el8                             pulpcore                         23 k
 python39-debian                                      noarch                       0.1.44-1.el8                            pulpcore                        196 k
 python39-django-readonly-field                       noarch                       1.1.1-3.el8                             pulpcore                         16 k
 python39-importlib-resources                         noarch                       5.4.0-4.el8                             pulpcore                         61 k
 python39-jsonschema                                  noarch                       4.6.0-4.el8                             pulpcore                        140 k
 python39-pulp-container                              noarch                       2.10.7-1.el8                            pulpcore                        223 k
 python39-pulp-rpm                                    noarch                       3.17.7-3.el8                            pulpcore                        375 k
 selinux-policy                                       noarch                       3.14.3-95.el8_6.4                       baseos                          646 k
 selinux-policy-targeted                              noarch                       3.14.3-95.el8_6.4                       baseos                           15 M
 shim-x64                                             x86_64                       15.6-1.el8.alma                         baseos                          520 k
 tzdata                                               noarch                       2022c-1.el8                             baseos                          470 k
 tzdata-java                                          noarch                       2022c-1.el8                             appstream                       185 k

Nothing strange here, performed the update on the Foreman server → OK!

I am serving the same repos from Foreman to my proxies but looking in the “Content Hosts” view on my proxies I see only the updates from the AlmaLinux 8 Appstream/BaseOS, not the updates from the pulpcore repo. Odd.
So I SSH to one of the proxies and run dnf update and now the updates from the pulpcore repo show up also as upgradable. Have 5 proxies and they all just show the Appstream/BaseOS updates in the “Content Hosts” view.

What is going on here, why is the “Content Hosts” view not showing all updates that is upgradable when running dnf update from the hosts?

So looking in Foreman on one of the packages in the pulpcore repo I see:

Looking at the package python39-pulp-rpm-3.17.7-1.el8.noarch that my proxies are using I see it is installed on 4 hosts (my proxies).

But now when look at the newest version of the same package python39-pulp-rpm-3.17.7-3.el8.noarch I see it installed on one proxy but does not tell me it is applicable or upgradable for any of the proxies with version 3.17.7-1 of the package.

So Forman/Katello does not think this 3.17.7-3 is an upgrade of 3.17.7-1 but dnf/yum does.

Still see this issue when new Foreman patches are released to my proxies.
From dnf update from my proxies:

[root@fmproxy ~]# rpm -qa| grep katello-debug
katello-debug-4.8.0-1.el8.noarch
[root@fmproxy ~]# rpm -qa| grep katello-repos
katello-repos-4.8.0-1.el8.noarch

From Foreman:

No sign of the two katello packages in the Foreman page.
The Katello repo is a product/repo hosted by the Foreman server.

Does the katello repo show up in the host’s bound repositories?

hammer host subscription enabled-repositories --host xxxx

The screenshot cut off the repository column, thus we cannot see where it pulls each package…

@gvde Was cut off since the names shows my organization name, but all repos are coming from Foreman.
Edited snap:

Yes, the hammer host subscription enabled-repositories --host command shows all repos

----|-------------------------|-------------------------|--------------|-----------------|---------------------------|-------------------------------|------------------|-------------------
ID  | NAME                    | LABEL                   | CONTENT TYPE | CONTENT VIEW ID | CONTENT VIEW NAME         | CONTENT VIEW VERSION          | ENVIRONMENT NAME | PRODUCT NAME
----|-------------------------|-------------------------|--------------|-----------------|---------------------------|-------------------------------|------------------|-------------------
17  | almalinux8_baseos       | almalinux8_baseos       | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | almalinux8
16  | almalinux8_appstream    | almalinux8_appstream    | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | almalinux8
46  | puppet_7_el8            | puppet_7_el8            | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman_el8
229 | foreman_3.6_el8         | foreman_3_6_el8         | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman_el8
232 | candlepin_4.8_el8       | candlepin_4_8_el8       | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman_el8
235 | foreman-client_3.6_el8  | foreman-client_3_6_el8  | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman-client_el8
20  | almalinux8_plus         | almalinux8_plus         | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | almalinux8
19  | almalinux8_extras       | almalinux8_extras       | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | almalinux8
230 | foreman_plugins_3.6_el8 | foreman_plugins_3_6_el8 | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman_el8
233 | pulpcore_3.22_el8       | pulpcore_3_22_el8       | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman_el8
231 | katello_4.8_el8         | katello_4_8_el8         | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | foreman_el8
18  | almalinux8_powertools   | almalinux8_powertools   | yum          | 1               | Default Organization View | Default Organization View 1.0 | Library          | almalinux8

In the beginning you write

but the repositories you list are katello 4.8/pulpcore 3.22. Are you running a 4.8/3.6 client with 3.3/4.5 server?

The first post was some time ago, now running Foreman 3.6.1, Katello 4.8.1 on Foreman, 4.8.0 on proxies, was just about to update the proxies when I noticed the missing upgradable Katello packages in the Foreman page.