New Jenkins jobs for Foreman plugins

Dear plugin developers/maintainers,

I’m in the process of converting your current pull request Jenkins jobs into Jenkins Job Builder (so that they live in git yay!) and Github Pull Request Builder (so they’ll be event-driven from Github rather than polled from Jenkins’s side).

This will affect you in a couple of ways:

1. To retest a pull request, your test trigger message will be different. Right now it’s just [test] I believe, but after the new jobs are live it will be [test <plugin_name>]. Please note, that is the plugin’s rubygem name. Plugins are named with an underscore except for foreman-tasks.

2. There may be some disruption in your tests immediately after the new jobs are live, but hopefully it won’t be too long. Just let me know if something isn’t working right and I’ll investigate.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, thanks!

3 Likes

The above pull-request has now been merged.

Thanks for doing this, this is a great improvement.

The jobs still seem to fail on mysql, do you mind taking a look?

ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: Mysql2::Error: SELECT command denied to user 'foreman'@'localhost' for table 'schema_migrations': SHOW FULL FIELDS FROM `schema_migrations`

@komidore64 is this open to new plugins being added now? I’d like to get default_hostgroup in there, and maybe even see if I can write some basic tests for column_view :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see why not! The plugins in question will just need to have a job added along with a Github webhook for GHPRB.

Super! Prsumably I just need to copy one of the existing jobs as a PR? Do we have any docs for adding the webhook?

Add an entry to the project list and PR that.

As for the Github webhook, I’m not familiar with the required voodoo. I’ve poked @Eric_D_Helms1 for those in the past. I’ve not been promoted to write-access yet :slightly_smiling_face:

I recall that in the past we required plugins tested in Jenkins to live under theforeman GH namespace. Not sure if that was a technical reason, a policy reason or both but I think it still makes sense.

For the GH webhook you need to be an admin. Not sure how to actually set it up though :slightly_smiling_face:

Completely agree - default-hostgroup already is, and I’ll transfer column-view once I’ve got this release out of the way. It doesn’t currently have any tests anyway :wink: