After some discussions among the Katello devs, a few things have become clear:
- Migration of yum content is not quite ready for public consumption given the bugs we are still finding within Pulp 3 itself (and the limited testing we’ve been able to do up to this point).
- We need to give more time to give the debian pulp3 support and migration support time to solidify.
So instead of the current release schedule:
Katello 3.16 - currently delayed, shooting for release next ~week
Katello 4.0 - Releasing in August
We are proposing moving to the following release schedule:
Katello 3.16 - shooting for release in the next ~week
Katello 3.17 - September release w/ Foreman 2.2 (August branching)
Katello 3.18 - December release w/ Foreman 2.3 (November branching)
Katello 4.0 - March release w Foreman 2.4 (February Branching)
Some other details:
- In addition to giving the migration more time to stabilize, we will be able to better react to migration failures as they pop up by users.
- It also allows us to migrate to newer pulp versions along the way and frees the pulp migration plugin from being stuck on pulp 3.4, freeing the pulp_deb work to move to a newer pulp release as well.
- We are punting the yum migration to 3.17
Let me know if there are questions or concerns!