VM/baremetal gets discovered -> JSON input to hooks -> Hooks use the facts
from JSON input to add more facts from CMDB -> Facts get uploaded to
foreman.

I have created the following hooks:

/usr/share/foreman/config/hooks/host/discovered/after_create/10-logger.py

ls /usr/share/foreman-community/hooks/
functions.py functions.pyc init.py

The scripts just get the input json and try to output the json to temp
directory, to help me understand the structure.
However - I dont see facts or any other useful information during input
json.

{
"id": 22,
"name": "mac00163e5426c9",
"last_compile": null,
"last_report": null,
"updated_at": "2017-08-18T20:13:44.058Z",
"created_at": "2017-08-18T20:13:44.058Z",
"root_pass": null,
"architecture_id": null,
"operatingsystem_id": null,
"environment_id": null,
"ptable_id": null,
"medium_id": null,
"build": false,
"comment": null,
"disk": null,
"installed_at": null,
"model_id": null,
"hostgroup_id": null,
"owner_id": null,
"owner_type": null,
"enabled": true,
"puppet_ca_proxy_id": null,
"managed": false,
"use_image": null,
"image_file": null,
"uuid": null,
"compute_resource_id": null,
"puppet_proxy_id": null,
"certname": null,
"image_id": null,
"organization_id": null,
"location_id": null,
"otp": null,
"realm_id": null,
"compute_profile_id": null,
"provision_method": null,
"grub_pass": "",
"global_status": 0,
"lookup_value_matcher": null,
"pxe_loader": null,
"discovery_rule_id": null
}

The workaround that i will have to use to get facts is:

1. Extract the mac address from the name -> reformat it -> use that to
    query the id of the host with discovery api
  2. Use the id to query the facts of that host.

Do i have to follow the above workaround to get facts of the discovered
system? or am i missing something?
It would be so much easier, if i could just facts in the input json to the
hook.

I am using the following versions foreman and its plugins on CentOS7:

tfm-rubygem-foreman_setup-5.0.0-1.fm1_13.el7.noarch
foreman-release-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
foreman-installer-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
foreman-libvirt-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
foreman-postgresql-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_hooks-0.3.14-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch
foreman-selinux-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
foreman-debug-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
foreman-release-scl-3-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.10.2-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_discovery-9.1.1-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch
foreman-cli-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
tfm-rubygem-foreman_memcache-0.0.6-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch
foreman-proxy-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch
foreman-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch

Thanks,
Lohit

Hello,

facts are not reported via hooks.

LZ

··· On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM, wrote: > Hello, > > The issue is that -> i dont see facts in input json after foreman discovers > a VM/baremetal. > > This is the workflow that i am trying with hooks and foreman discovery > > VM/baremetal gets discovered -> JSON input to hooks -> Hooks use the facts > from JSON input to add more facts from CMDB -> Facts get uploaded to > foreman. > > I have created the following hooks: > > /usr/share/foreman/config/hooks/host/discovered/after_create/10-logger.py > > ls /usr/share/foreman-community/hooks/ > functions.py functions.pyc __init__.py > > The scripts just get the input json and try to output the json to temp > directory, to help me understand the structure. > However - I dont see facts or any other useful information during input > json. > > { > "id": 22, > "name": "mac00163e5426c9", > "last_compile": null, > "last_report": null, > "updated_at": "2017-08-18T20:13:44.058Z", > "created_at": "2017-08-18T20:13:44.058Z", > "root_pass": null, > "architecture_id": null, > "operatingsystem_id": null, > "environment_id": null, > "ptable_id": null, > "medium_id": null, > "build": false, > "comment": null, > "disk": null, > "installed_at": null, > "model_id": null, > "hostgroup_id": null, > "owner_id": null, > "owner_type": null, > "enabled": true, > "puppet_ca_proxy_id": null, > "managed": false, > "use_image": null, > "image_file": null, > "uuid": null, > "compute_resource_id": null, > "puppet_proxy_id": null, > "certname": null, > "image_id": null, > "organization_id": null, > "location_id": null, > "otp": null, > "realm_id": null, > "compute_profile_id": null, > "provision_method": null, > "grub_pass": "", > "global_status": 0, > "lookup_value_matcher": null, > "pxe_loader": null, > "discovery_rule_id": null > } > > > The workaround that i will have to use to get facts is: > 1. Extract the mac address from the name -> reformat it -> use that to query > the id of the host with discovery api > 2. Use the id to query the facts of that host. > > Do i have to follow the above workaround to get facts of the discovered > system? or am i missing something? > It would be so much easier, if i could just facts in the input json to the > hook. > > I am using the following versions foreman and its plugins on CentOS7: > > tfm-rubygem-foreman_setup-5.0.0-1.fm1_13.el7.noarch > foreman-release-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > foreman-installer-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > foreman-libvirt-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > foreman-postgresql-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > tfm-rubygem-foreman_hooks-0.3.14-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch > foreman-selinux-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > foreman-debug-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > foreman-release-scl-3-1.el7.noarch > tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.10.2-1.el7.noarch > tfm-rubygem-foreman_discovery-9.1.1-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch > foreman-cli-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > tfm-rubygem-foreman_memcache-0.0.6-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch > foreman-proxy-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > foreman-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > Thanks, > Lohit > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "Foreman users" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. > To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com. > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Later,
Lukas @lzap Zapletal

Thank you for letting me know, that its the expected behavior.

I will use the api instead to get the facts.

··· On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 8:28:09 AM UTC-4, Lukas Zapletal wrote: > > Hello, > > facts are not reported via hooks. > > LZ > > On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 4:37 PM, <lohit....@gmail.com > > wrote: > > Hello, > > > > The issue is that -> i dont see facts in input json after foreman > discovers > > a VM/baremetal. > > > > This is the workflow that i am trying with hooks and foreman discovery > > > > VM/baremetal gets discovered -> JSON input to hooks -> Hooks use the > facts > > from JSON input to add more facts from CMDB -> Facts get uploaded to > > foreman. > > > > I have created the following hooks: > > > > > /usr/share/foreman/config/hooks/host/discovered/after_create/10-logger.py > > > > ls /usr/share/foreman-community/hooks/ > > functions.py functions.pyc __init__.py > > > > The scripts just get the input json and try to output the json to temp > > directory, to help me understand the structure. > > However - I dont see facts or any other useful information during input > > json. > > > > { > > "id": 22, > > "name": "mac00163e5426c9", > > "last_compile": null, > > "last_report": null, > > "updated_at": "2017-08-18T20:13:44.058Z", > > "created_at": "2017-08-18T20:13:44.058Z", > > "root_pass": null, > > "architecture_id": null, > > "operatingsystem_id": null, > > "environment_id": null, > > "ptable_id": null, > > "medium_id": null, > > "build": false, > > "comment": null, > > "disk": null, > > "installed_at": null, > > "model_id": null, > > "hostgroup_id": null, > > "owner_id": null, > > "owner_type": null, > > "enabled": true, > > "puppet_ca_proxy_id": null, > > "managed": false, > > "use_image": null, > > "image_file": null, > > "uuid": null, > > "compute_resource_id": null, > > "puppet_proxy_id": null, > > "certname": null, > > "image_id": null, > > "organization_id": null, > > "location_id": null, > > "otp": null, > > "realm_id": null, > > "compute_profile_id": null, > > "provision_method": null, > > "grub_pass": "", > > "global_status": 0, > > "lookup_value_matcher": null, > > "pxe_loader": null, > > "discovery_rule_id": null > > } > > > > > > The workaround that i will have to use to get facts is: > > 1. Extract the mac address from the name -> reformat it -> use that to > query > > the id of the host with discovery api > > 2. Use the id to query the facts of that host. > > > > Do i have to follow the above workaround to get facts of the discovered > > system? or am i missing something? > > It would be so much easier, if i could just facts in the input json to > the > > hook. > > > > I am using the following versions foreman and its plugins on CentOS7: > > > > tfm-rubygem-foreman_setup-5.0.0-1.fm1_13.el7.noarch > > foreman-release-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > foreman-installer-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > foreman-libvirt-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > foreman-postgresql-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > tfm-rubygem-foreman_hooks-0.3.14-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch > > foreman-selinux-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > foreman-debug-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > foreman-release-scl-3-1.el7.noarch > > tfm-rubygem-hammer_cli_foreman-0.10.2-1.el7.noarch > > tfm-rubygem-foreman_discovery-9.1.1-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch > > foreman-cli-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > tfm-rubygem-foreman_memcache-0.0.6-1.fm1_15.el7.noarch > > foreman-proxy-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > foreman-1.15.3-1.el7.noarch > > > > Thanks, > > Lohit > > > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups > > "Foreman users" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an > > email to foreman-user...@googlegroups.com . > > To post to this group, send email to forema...@googlegroups.com > . > > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users. > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > > > -- > Later, > Lukas @lzap Zapletal >