Expected outcome:
no error
Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:

1 Like

Hi @Aidenx ,

I’m not sure about how the Debian packages for katello-host-tools work, but is GitHub - Katello/katello-host-tools: Client side agent for package actions from katello installed completely? Where did you get the apt packages from?

@maximilian might be able to help point to more documentation for debian clients.

Hi @iballou ,

This is Ubuntu 22.04 server created by Foreman.

The package from Index of /Ubuntu22LTS

Another Ubuntu 22.04 server installed old katello version no error return code.

1 Like

I see this too on Debian 11.

Seems to be related to the package update to python3-katello-* to v4.4.0 @ ATIX Debian repo - something changed between releases there.
This did not happen with katello-host-tools v4.2.3 before.

Also, trying to install python-katello-host-tools-tracer fails due to unmet dependency for python-subscription-manager.

Digging further: in katello-host-tools 4.3 tracer was split out into a subpackage katello.tracer, but its files are missing from the 4.4.0-debs:

• python3-katello-host-tools=4.4.0-1 only includes the base katello python code
  • python3-katello-host-tools-tracer=4.4.0-1 only includes the apt-tracer glue code

Could you repackage the debs and add back the tracer python files?

Sorry. We are working on it.

1 Like

@Bernhard_Suttner No need to apologize — humans make mistakes, after all.
Just glad you are providing such amazing tools and community service!
(And doing my bit in it by finding things out ;-))

Hello Bernhard,
Do you have an estimated ETA of a fix ?

We are discussing whether we should handle versions of this package in our configuration management system and build system.

but before we initiate that work, we would like to know if you are about to release a fix or you estimate 14 days before a fix is released.

/Martin

Should be fixed in the next days hopefully.

Okay, then we are putting a hold on our other solution.

Thank you for the quick reply.

/Martin

@Hamsjelv @bassmans-check @Aidenx
we have rebuilt the clients and the katello.tracer-module is present now in python3-katello-host-tools package (had no time to test it yet, but the files are there).

1 Like

@m-bucher I just now grabbed:

and unfortunately neither of them seem to contain the files “tracer.py”, “deb_tracer.py” og “zypper_tracer.py” in “./usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/katello/”. According to the repository directory index, the packages were last modified on May 22 2024, a few hours before your latest post onhere.

Ah sorry, I was looking at Debian12, where it looks ok. Will have a look at Ubuntu.

Should be fixed now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

I can confirm, that the package is fixed, thank you.
Would have preferred, that the package number, had been incremented from 4.4.0-1 to 4.4.0-2 though.

2 Likes