No valid Release file found for 'jammy'.Could not lookup a publication_href for repo 4123

Problem:
When syncing to other smart proxies i am getting the error:
No valid Release file found for ‘jammy’.Could not lookup a publication_href for repo 4123

When i search for that repo (hammer repository list | grep 4123) i do not find it?

Searching with the name i get an other number:
hammer repository list | grep jammy
3318 | jammy

Expected outcome:

Foreman and Proxy versions:

• foreman-3.3.1-1.el7.noarch
  • katello-4.5.1-1.el7.noarch

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
CentOS 7.9
Other relevant data:

Hi @senetm , sorry this was missed.

If you’re still hitting this issue, please paste screenshots of the errors within your Dynflow console.

You can find that on the failing Foreman Task by clicking the “Dynflow Console” button.

That will give us a better idea about where this repo 4123 is coming from.

As a tip, when having smart proxy syncing issues, check that the hosted content of the failing repository on your Foreman/Katello instance appears to be correct. That means going to the repository page, and clicking on the “Hosted at” link to browse the mirrored repository contents.

jammy sounds like an Ubuntu Release/Distribution. I remember there are some edge cases where the main server may not publish a release file (because of empty repo, bug, or other reason), such that the smart proxy then does not have anything to sync.

To diagnose such cases it would be useful to see the repository page of the relevant repo on your main server with the Release/Distribution: jammy value (I hope there is only one, or maybe it can be uniquely identified from the logs of the failed smart-proxy sync).