(OLD GUI ? ) When applying packages on host using "apply via custom remote execution" > packages got not updated

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Login to katello web-ui => click on “hosts” => content hosts => click on packages icon on Host on which need to apply packages => ( OLD GUI ) select packages need to apply => from drop down arrow of “Upgrade selected” select “via remote execution customized first” => Job Invocation shows 2x Job Template

It tries

RESOLVED_ERRATA_IDS=

• hosts: all
    tasks:
    • shell:
      cmd: |
      yum -y update-minimal
      register: out
    • debug: var=out

But that is not what i wanted
before last upgrade i used “via remote execution customized first” and just changed “search query” to target a Host Collection

i guess it has something todo with this bug?

When i’m doing it like this way:

1. Login to katello web-ui => click on “hosts” => content hosts => click on hosts on which need to apply packages => ( NEW GUI )select packages need to apply => from drop down arrow of “Apply” select “Apply via customized remote execution” => Packages get updated

When can we expect that the OLD Content Host GUI and Legacy Jub Run Gui go away for good ?

Thank you very much

Yes, that looks like the bug you mentioned.

Katello 4.12 and 4.11.1 have some new “Ansible Default” templates which you can set as the default for the feature. I did a demo about it here → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n0h1QsK1dU&t=483s

I see from the screenshot that you are already using them, but there seems to be a bug in the old job wizard. You have two dropdowns for “Job template.” Not sure what’s going on there, but the new job wizard should work fine.

The old Content Host UI will go away when we have all bulk actions available on the new All Hosts page, probably around Katello 4.16 time frame (obviously just an estimate). Legacy job wizard, I’m not sure, but may be sooner than that since we already have the new job wizard in place.

Thank you very much for your response

I’ll have a look at your demo, thanks

I’ll just use the new GUI and i’ll be fine :wink: