Problem creating new Repo in Foreman 2.2.1 and Katello 3.17.1

Problem:
when creating new repository i get the following error:
Task ee019efb-dcda-46c2-b493-de63157ea89c: PulpRpmClient::ApiError: Error message: the server returns an error HTTP status code: 400 Response headers: {“date”=>“Mon, 07 Dec 2020 16:39:37 GMT”, “server”=>“gunicorn/20.0.4”, “content-type”=>“application/json”, “vary”=>“Accept,Cookie”, “allow”=>“GET, POST, HEAD, OPTIONS”, “x-frame-options”=>“SAMEORIGIN”, “content-length”=>“89”, “via”=>“1.1 vm7125.muc.baag”, “connection”=>“close”} Response body: {“username”:[“This field may not be blank.”],“password”:[“This field may not be blank.”]}

Expected outcome:
Successful creation of new repository
Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 2.2.1
Katello 3.17.1
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
CentOS 7.8
Other relevant data:
I have installed a new vm with centos 7.8 and installed foreman 2.2.1 with katello 3.17.1 using foreman-installer. after creating Contecnt credentials for Centos and setting a http proxy i tried to create a new CentOS 7 Repository under Product CentOS 7. This fails with the error message to be seen above.
For me this looks like if Foreman has a problem if the Upstream username and password are empty.
Unfortunately this creates a a task which goes into state paused after the error.

Currently there are 2 open Issues:

1. how can i create a new repository and
  2. How can i get rid of this task?

when setting this Task to unloick it is still there and since the creation of the repository wasn’t successful i also can’t delete this repo.

I assume this is a yum type repository, make sure the username field is blank when you create the repository.

the reason for this issue seems to be autofilling by the browser.
after disabling this option in the browser i could create other new yum repo’s.
BUT there seems to be a bug, when autofill ist enabled or a username and/or password is filled in and later deleted. Foreman doesn’t seem to accept an erased username/password.
i tried to create a new repo with autfill disabled, entered something into username and deleted it.
once again foreman complains, that these “may not be blank”
another weird issue is that when this occurs, the task for creating the repo stops @28% and the repo is in a wierd state and can’t be delted, even if the task has been set to unlock.
how can i get rid of this “half created” repo ?
is there a way to successfully finish the create repo task or a way to delete this repo ?

cc @katello

this (autofilling) has been an issue for a while, but not being able to unset the username seems new to me.

Can someone please help me deleting the “half-created” Repo ?
When i try to delete it , i get the following error:

Task 1b28991d-1e8a-4a49-bfde-e294b01f554b: Katello::Errors::CandlepinError: Runtime Error RESTEASY003210: Could not find resource for full path: https://localhost:8443/candlepin/owners//products/854898558372/content/ at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.SegmentNode.match:153

I also have the same issue on Katello 3.18 when trying to delete a Repo that didn’t create properly

2020-12-09T22:42:50 [I|bac|] Task {label: Actions::Katello::Repository::Destroy, id: 1f48522d-c553-448b-9866-2039e179a584, execution_plan_id: aa01157f-675b-4439-bf42-35ed1aa5ca8e} state changed: running
2020-12-09T22:42:50 [E|bac|] Runtime Error RESTEASY003210: Could not find resource for full path: https://localhost:23443/candlepin/owners/Default_Organization/products/943109882236/content/ at org.jboss.resteasy.core.registry.SegmentNode.match:153 (Katello::Errors::CandlepinError)
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/propagate_candlepin_errors.rb:21:in `rescue in propagate_candlepin_errors'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/propagate_candlepin_errors.rb:18:in `propagate_candlepin_errors'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/propagate_candlepin_errors.rb:9:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:23:in `call'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:27:in `pass'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:19:in `pass'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:16:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:40:in `block in as_remote_user'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/models/katello/concerns/user_extensions.rb:21:in `cp_config'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:27:in `as_cp_user'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:39:in `as_remote_user'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-3.18.0.rc2.1/app/lib/actions/middleware/remote_action.rb:16:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:23:in `call'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/stack.rb:27:in `pass'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:19:in `pass'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/rails_executor_wrap.rb:14:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.4/lib/active_support/execution_wrapper.rb:88:in `wrap'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/rails_executor_wrap.rb:13:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action/progress.rb:31:in `with_progress_calculation'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action/progress.rb:17:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:15:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:49:in `restore_current_request_id'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_request_id.rb:15:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:15:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:15:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:44:in `restore_curent_timezone'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_timezone.rb:15:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:15:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:44:in `restore_curent_user'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_user.rb:15:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:15:in `block in run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:45:in `restore_current_taxonomies'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-3.0.2/app/lib/actions/middleware/keep_current_taxonomies.rb:15:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware.rb:32:in `run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/middleware/world.rb:31:in `execute'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:570:in `block (2 levels) in execute_run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:569:in `catch'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:569:in `block in execute_run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `block in with_error_handling'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `catch'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:472:in `with_error_handling'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:564:in `execute_run'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/action.rb:285:in `execute'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:18:in `block (2 levels) in execute'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract.rb:167:in `with_meta_calculation'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:17:in `block in execute'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:32:in `open_action'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/execution_plan/steps/abstract_flow_step.rb:16:in `execute'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/director.rb:68:in `execute'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:11:in `block (2 levels) in perform'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors.rb:18:in `run_user_code'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:9:in `block in perform'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:25:in `with_telemetry'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/worker_jobs.rb:8:in `perform'
 | /opt/theforeman/tfm/root/usr/share/gems/gems/dynflow-1.4.7/lib/dynflow/executors/sidekiq/serialization.rb:27:in `perform'
 | [ sidekiq ]
 | [ concurrent-ruby ]
2020-12-09T22:42:50 [I|bac|] Task {label: Actions::Katello::Repository::Destroy, id: 1f48522d-c553-448b-9866-2039e179a584, execution_plan_id: aa01157f-675b-4439-bf42-35ed1aa5ca8e} state changed: paused  result: error

Having this exact issue in Foreman 2.3 with Katello 3.18. First issue is the page’s javascript; second are the unsuccessful background processes locking up; third is the unkillable, hung task; fourth would be the unhelpful error messages.

Unfortunately, it’s not new. I’ve been seeing it for about 2 years now.

@fpa I’m sorry you are running into problems and I hope we can help out. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

When are creating the repository, does the same username issue (where you enter a value, then delete it) occur when you are NOT using an http proxy?

In any case, is it possible to get the production logs from around the time of this kind of failure?

Same happening for me on a fresh install of 3.18.1 today, but I’ve also had to endure Chrome’s auto-fill challenges with Katello/Foreman WebUI on many earlier versions. Today just seems worse. Can’t get past creating a new repo without a failed msg. And removing the repo afterwards is an exercise in patience. I’ve just now signed-up with the Foreman Community, so I’m not sure how to attach my production.log file.

I guess as a new here user I can’t yet upload files.

We had the same issue for a long while now. In the past versions one could simply correct the issue by deleting the username. Since pulp3 this is not possible any more. The repos can only be deleted by skipping steps in the dynflow console.

I fixed that for you there, @hac. You should be able to now.