Problem on line 1 of kickstart

Hi,

I am new to foreman and am just going through the initial setup and
attempting to get my first host to provision.

I have used the foreman-installer to set it up and have not made any
changes to the templates etc I have been following this
tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjpZr3GB6s

All appears to be going along OK with the provision but when it tries to
parse the kickstart file I get the following:

"The Following problem occurred on line 1 of the kickstart file:

Unknown command: <html>

Install exited abnormally [1/1]
The system will be rebooted when you press ctrl+c or ctrl-alt-delete."

I assume either the kickstart is being sent with <html> tags or for some
reason it is not finding it at all and sending some error page in html
format instead.

I just wondered if anyone had come across this before or not before and if
so how it was resolved?

Thanks,
Andy.

I've not seen this before - could you please provide the entry from
/var/log/foreman/production.log for "/unattended/provision" when your
host boots up and requests the kickstart?

Also try previewing the template via the host page, the templates tab on
the left, then the preview icon (the eye) to see if there are any render
errors.

··· On 27/01/14 12:25, Andrew Holford wrote: > Hi, > > I am new to foreman and am just going through the initial setup and > attempting to get my first host to provision. > > I have used the foreman-installer to set it up and have not made any > changes to the templates etc I have been following this > tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjpZr3GB6s > > All appears to be going along OK with the provision but when it tries to > parse the kickstart file I get the following: > > "The Following problem occurred on line 1 of the kickstart file: > > Unknown command: > > Install exited abnormally [1/1] > The system will be rebooted when you press ctrl+c or ctrl-alt-delete." > > I assume either the kickstart is being sent with tags or for some > reason it is not finding it at all and sending some error page in html > format instead. > > I just wondered if anyone had come across this before or not before and > if so how it was resolved?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your post it led me in the right direction. It seems I had some
DNS issues in my vm workstation lab / laptop setup, I resolved these and
got the foreman-proxy configured correctly and all seems to work OK and 1st
unattended host has been provisioned.

Now on to making some more interesting templates and getting some of my
puppet classes / modules imported.

Great tutorial on youtube btw

Thanks
Andy.

··· On Monday, 27 January 2014 16:24:34 UTC, Dominic Cleal wrote: > > On 27/01/14 12:25, Andrew Holford wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am new to foreman and am just going through the initial setup and > > attempting to get my first host to provision. > > > > I have used the foreman-installer to set it up and have not made any > > changes to the templates etc I have been following this > > tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHjpZr3GB6s > > > > All appears to be going along OK with the provision but when it tries to > > parse the kickstart file I get the following: > > > > "The Following problem occurred on line 1 of the kickstart file: > > > > Unknown command: > > > > Install exited abnormally [1/1] > > The system will be rebooted when you press ctrl+c or ctrl-alt-delete." > > > > I assume either the kickstart is being sent with tags or for some > > reason it is not finding it at all and sending some error page in html > > format instead. > > > > I just wondered if anyone had come across this before or not before and > > if so how it was resolved? > > I've not seen this before - could you please provide the entry from > /var/log/foreman/production.log for "/unattended/provision" when your > host boots up and requests the kickstart? > > Also try previewing the template via the host page, the templates tab on > the left, then the preview icon (the eye) to see if there are any render > errors. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >