Problem syncing rpm-repo for bacula enterprise

Problem:
Hi,

I’m having a problem syncing a specific rpm-repo from Bacula Entreprise Edition.

These are the available product repo’s (folders):

Each product has following subfolders: version → {rhel7-64 | rhel8-64 | sles152-64 | sles153-64}.
Example:

rhel7-64 content:

For the products “bin” and “dedup” the sync goes perfect, but for bweb (only available in the enterprise version) it fails with the error:

404, message=‘Not Found’, url=URL(‘https://www.baculasystems.com/dl/< user >-< password >/rpms/bweb/12.8.1/rhel7-64/Dependencies/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/rhel7/perl-Net-SSH-Perl-1.34-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm’)

The “bweb” contains an extra “Dependencies” folder which in turn contains also subfolders.
Each of these folder / sub-folders contain the required dependency packages.
Dependencies:

Dependencies/guestfish-1.32:

As you can see in the error, for some reason Katello or pulp got in some kind of a loop when processing the folder “Dependencies” by using “rhel7” as sub-folder several times which does not exist.

Below, when I create a separate repo for the subfolder “Dependencies” the sync of it works also well, containing all the packages from the folder “Dependencies” as well those from the sub-folders “guestfish-1.32” and “guestfish”. But no idea if this would work fine when using it on a client.

Anyone who can confirm if this is a restriction/bug within katello/pulp.

FYI, when I use this repo-config directly on a system it all works fine.

Expected outcome:
Correct processing of a repo with all of its sub-folders when applicable.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 2.4.0
Katello 4.0.0
python3-pulpcore-3.9.1
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
CentOS Linux release 8.3.2011
Other relevant data:

I would file a pulp issue for this: pulp.plan.io/

It would help if you could download the repomdata in ./repodata/ and upload that to the issue as that may help the pulp developers figure out what is going on and why that repo is ‘special’.

1 Like

Hi,

Problem was caused by an incorrect primary.xml.gz file provided by Bacula.
After they changed it we were able to sync the repo.

4 Likes