Problem with DB? Problem with virt-who?

Problem:
Wanted to add a new user, got instead this message after clicking on Administer->Users:
Foreman has detected definitions of unknown classes in your database. This can happen after a plugin removal which did not properly cleaned up data it created. Would you like to delete all records from SQL table "auth_sources" with column "type" having the value "ForemanVirtWhoConfigure::AuthSourceHiddenWithAuthentication"

Expected outcome:
I am allowed to add a user.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.3.0 and Katello 4.5.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Foreman 3.3.0 and Katello 4.5.0

Distribution and version:
ALMA8

Other relevant data:
Followed this link GitHub - theforeman/foreman_virt_who_configure and
execute the suggested commands:

yum install rubygem-foreman_virt_who_configure 
foreman-rake db:migrate 
foreman-rake db:seed
foreman-installer

Did not solve the problem.

Hi @foreman-materna

Starting to look into this, did the installer run complete ok?

Hello,

yes, the installer finished the installation without any errors.

I think you have to enable the virt_who_configure plugin with foreman-installer (and probably the cli as well). Check:

[root@foreman8 ~]# foreman-installer --help 2>&1 | grep virt.who
    --[no-]enable-foreman-cli-virt-who-configure Enable 'foreman_cli_virt_who_configure' puppet module (default: false)
    --[no-]enable-foreman-plugin-virt-who-configure Enable 'foreman_plugin_virt_who_configure' puppet module (default: false)

Thank you very much, that was the missing piece.

And as far as I understand, using those foreman-installer options is the correct way to install the plugin to begin with. Don’t install the rubygem. Don’t use rake. Run foreman-installer. It installs the necessary gems for the plugin and does all the configuration necessary…