Problems adding resource types

Hello,

Problem:
When adding forge modules to my puppet code dirs (iis is an example) and , foreman is not detecting the custom resource types that are created after doing a ‘puppet generate types --environment development’. This worked fine on my 1.16 foreman with puppet5 instance, but does not seem to work in the new 1.24/puppet6 environment.

Expected outcome:
Using the foreman gui’s ‘import environments’ from under configure classes should find the newly created .pp files under ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types’ and add the classes into foreman. However, it reports ‘no changes to your environment detected’

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman ver 1.24.3-2
foreman-proxy ver 1.24.3-1
Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, used foreman-installer to do the installations.
Other relevant data:
Adding the module both manually with:
/opt/puppetlabs/bin/puppet module install puppetlabs-iis --version 7.1.0 --environment
Then generating the types with:
/opt/puppetlabs/bin/puppet generate types --environment development --force
Appears to work the same as it did in the older 1.16/puppet5 versions, but the ‘import environments’ function does not find any changes to the environments. It does find my other home cooked modules that do not have any new resource types fine, just the ones created after adding the iis module and generating types dont.

/opt/puppetlabs/bin/puppet generate types --environment development --force
Notice: Generating Puppet resource types.
Warning: The a2mod provider is deprecated, please use apache::mod instead
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/a2mod.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/concat_file.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/concat_fragment.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/iis_application.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/iis_application_pool.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/iis_feature.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/iis_site.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/iis_virtual_directory.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/anchor.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/file_line.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/vcsrepo.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.
Notice: Generating ‘/etc/puppetlabs/code/environments/development/.resource_types/windowsfeature.pp’ using ‘pcore’ format.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Foreman talks to the Puppetserver API to get the classes. It would be interesting if the Puppetserver API does include them.

Thanks for the reply. Would you be able to share how I could check this via the puppetserver API? Is this just a simple curl command? Looking around i see some examples, but nothing related to this particular function, the classes import