Hi all. Very new to Foreman. Before I get into my question, let me quickly introduce what I’m attempting to use Foreman for:
I have two networks, one which will have my Foreman server and the other is a remote network with a Smart Proxy. I have a bare metal system on the Smart Proxy network which I want to provision all within that same subnet (have no dependencies on the external Foreman server) due to poor bandwidth into that network. I believe this will essentially mean I need to proxy the CentOS 7 installation media, repositories, pxelinux structure, along with DHCP and TFTP environments.
So far I have:
- Setup my Foreman server.
- Setup a Smart Proxy.
- Setup the discovery plugin.
- PXE booted a system, which successfully loaded the discovery image successfully.
- Found the discovered system in the UI.
- Assign the installation media to the OS, which is CentOS 7.
- Created a Puppet environment.
- Created a host group.
- I am now ready to provision. When I select “Provision”, it returns a success. Status is “OK” and build is “Pending installation”.
- If I look at the bare metal host, it is just sitting in the discovery image.
At this point, I’m not sure what to do… Is there something I am supposed to do next?