Publish content view gives error PLP0000: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/cache/pulp/reserved_resource_worker-0@<foreman-server>/4f5e7a4d-9ef8-4de8-9a2c-ac944259a368'

Publish content view gives error PLP0000: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/var/cache/pulp/reserved_resource_worker-0@/4f5e7a4d-9ef8-4de8-9a2c-ac944259a368’

I tried to cleanup some paused, error , orphaned tasks as well.
Please support on it.

You provide very little details. For example, what are the permissions of /var/cache/pulp and the files in it? I’d be interested to see what find /var/cache/pulp -not -user pulp shows.

these are the files ownwd by user apache:

ls -lhtr /var/cache/pulp
total 0
drwxr-x---. 2 root   root   182 Apr 26 15:08 reserved_resource_worker-0@<mykatello-foreman server>
drwxr-xr-x. 2 apache apache   6 Aug  7 17:17 resource_manager@<mykatello-foreman server>
drwxr-xr-x. 2 apache apache   6 Aug  8 09:47 reserved_resource_worker-1@<mykatello-foreman server>
drwxr-xr-x. 2 apache apache   6 Aug  8 10:47 reserved_resource_worker-2@<mykatello-foreman server>
drwxr-xr-x. 2 apache apache   6 Aug  8 10:57 reserved_resource_worker-3@<mykatello-foreman server>

Which version are you on? That things are owned by Apache suggests Pulp 2, which is very old.

The short term fix is chown -R apache: /var/cache/pulp/reserved_resource_worker-0@<mykatello-foreman server>

katello-3.10
pulp-katello-1.0.2

let me check / change the owner field for the files under /var/cache/pulp

That’s very old and no longer supported. The migration to Katello 4 includes a change from Pulp 2 to Pulp 3, which is non-trivial but from everyone I hear well worth it.

Thank you @ekohl

Can i directly upgrade from the existing version? any upgrade path?
any procedure documents for the upgrade.