Pulp3 - 503 Service Unavailable

@iballou Thanks for the help and support. I made issue on that site and
and I got the answer that the fix will be released in pulpcore-3.12.
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/8514
I still use pulpcore 3.7.4 , so is it okay, if i upgrade my pulpcore from 3.7 to 3.12 after they release it ?

@kimpsik Katello needs to update its client binding gems for releases of Pulpcore as they come out. That’s why we typically only support one set of Pulpcore plugins per release. Also, versions of Pulpcore are only compatible with certain versions of other Pulp 3 plugins, so it’s a little complicated to upgrade outside of an official release.

We’re working right now on getting Pulpcore 3.11 into Katello 3.18, which has the potential to help. We’ll look into how soon we might be able to get that fix into 3.18 as well.

Hello!

After Katello 3.18.3 patch was released, i tried again and this time migration was successful without any issues. :slight_smile:
But Foreman still shows on web, that my pulpcore version is 2.1.0
Do i need to do something more ?

Hey, apologies, this message slipped by. That Pulpcore version is actually not the real Pulpcore version, but the version of the smart proxy plugin. We have an issue to fix that.

I’m not sure what version of Katello you’re on now, but 3.18 has been hardened a bit since I last replied. Also, Katello 4.1 is soon to have Pulpcore 3.14, which should help stability as well.

No worries! Im using now Katello 4.0 and everything seems to be working well.
And I also read a little bit that Katello 4.1 should solve this problem. So my next plan is to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1.
Big thanks again for the help! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan, and no problem!

1 Like