Pulpcore version for foreman 2.5/katello 4.1?

Problem: Can’t find anything in the documentation that relates the compatible versions of components so that I can keep them in step as I update to a newer version. I’m going from foreman 2.4/katello4.0/pulpcore3.9 to foreman2.5/katello4.1/pulpcorex?

Expected outcome: Should be a table in the installation/upgrade manuals showing the versions of each sub-component to keep in step/aligned during installation/upgrade.

Foreman and Proxy versions: foreman 2.4.1 / katello 4.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version: CentOS 7.9

Other relevant data:

Hi,

the correct version of pulpcore for Katello 4.1 is pulpcore-3.14.
The reason this is not in the docs is probably that the docs assume you install from the internet and that way the katello-repos package will handle the change in pulpcore version for you (just like it does for candlepin and possibly other compoenents).
If you, like us, want or need to have those repositories available locally, my personal recommendation currently would be to download the foreman-release and katello-repos packages, unpacking them and looking at the repo files.
Sure I agree it would be nice to have that info in the documentation, though :slight_smile:

Regards

We don’t have a really authoritative documented source, but I often read our version config in Forklift:
https://github.com/theforeman/forklift/blob/master/vagrant/config/versions.yaml

Great! Thanks to both! :slight_smile: