Puppet not report to foreman after be Provisioning via image based via pxeboot works fine

Hi Everyone

Today i trying to deploy a new server based on image from vmware all works
as expected but i notice the host is not reporting into foreman, looking in
the log everything looks fine is getting the catalog but is not getting any
class inside of the environment , i testing using normal pxe boot and there
all working fine no issues with puppet but here something is wrong with
puppet , anyone has been have this issue before my version of foreman is

Did you create a autosign item for this host on foreman before provisioning
the image?
Also, check the environment that the image is using exists in Foreman.
Already had some similar issues with that.

··· On Thursday, 24 September 2015 11:01:11 UTC-3, Mario Gamboa wrote: > > Hi Everyone > > Today i trying to deploy a new server based on image from vmware all works > as expected but i notice the host is not reporting into foreman, looking in > the log everything looks fine is getting the catalog but is not getting any > class inside of the environment , i testing using normal pxe boot and there > all working fine no issues with puppet but here something is wrong with > puppet , anyone has been have this issue before my version of foreman is > 1.9.2 >

Sounds like it might be identifying as a different host, not the one
you've expected. Check that the hostname is being configured correctly
before Puppet starts, and that it matches what Foreman has precisely.

Foreman's logs ought to say exactly which hostname it's using when
requesting the node/ENC information, or uploading facts.

··· On 24/09/15 15:01, Mario Gamboa wrote: > Hi Everyone > > Today i trying to deploy a new server based on image from vmware all > works as expected but i notice the host is not reporting into foreman, > looking in the log everything looks fine is getting the catalog but is > not getting any class inside of the environment , i testing using normal > pxe boot and there all working fine no issues with puppet but here > something is wrong with puppet , anyone has been have this issue before > my version of foreman is 1.9.2

Dominic Cleal
dominic@cleal.org