I now want to add some other vhosts to the apache instance (which was
installed via foreman-installer).
Unfortunately, if I add the apache-module to manage my puppet/foreman
instance it'll remove the foreman-installer-created vhosts - which breaks
my foreman/puppet server.

Is there any easy solution to this instead of manually "rebuilding" the
vhost-configuration?
IIRC foreman-installer is using puppet to install itself. So I'd guess the
configuration has to be "somewhere". I couldn't find it though.

Thanks for your help,

Denny

You can use the Puppet modules that are in Foreman installer in your
Foreman instance, which will declare the vhosts so they're continually
managed and won't be purged. This is a great way IMO to manage your
Foreman instance.

You'll find them all at http://forge.puppetlabs.com/theforeman and on
GitHub. The top level ones are "foreman", "puppet" and "foreman_proxy".
The installer configures both foreman and puppet with $custom_repo =
true, and puppet with $server = true, but otherwise the rest are
defaults I think - using noop mode should show you if the
configuration's right.

Another approach is that you can disable purging vhosts in the Apache
module.

··· On 15/02/15 12:18, Denny Gebel wrote: > Hi there, > > I've set up a foreman/puppet instance with the foreman-installer and it > worked pretty easy. > > I now want to add some other vhosts to the apache instance (which was > installed via foreman-installer). > Unfortunately, if I add the apache-module to manage my puppet/foreman > instance it'll remove the foreman-installer-created vhosts - which > breaks my foreman/puppet server. > > Is there any easy solution to this instead of manually "rebuilding" the > vhost-configuration? > IIRC foreman-installer is using puppet to install itself. So I'd guess > the configuration has to be "somewhere". I couldn't find it though.

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

Thanks,

I'll check this out!

··· Am Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2015 11:43:42 UTC+1 schrieb Dominic Cleal: > > On 15/02/15 12:18, Denny Gebel wrote: > > Hi there, > > > > I've set up a foreman/puppet instance with the foreman-installer and it > > worked pretty easy. > > > > I now want to add some other vhosts to the apache instance (which was > > installed via foreman-installer). > > Unfortunately, if I add the apache-module to manage my puppet/foreman > > instance it'll remove the foreman-installer-created vhosts - which > > breaks my foreman/puppet server. > > > > Is there any easy solution to this instead of manually "rebuilding" the > > vhost-configuration? > > IIRC foreman-installer is using puppet to install itself. So I'd guess > > the configuration has to be "somewhere". I couldn't find it though. > > You can use the Puppet modules that are in Foreman installer in your > Foreman instance, which will declare the vhosts so they're continually > managed and won't be purged. This is a great way IMO to manage your > Foreman instance. > > You'll find them all at http://forge.puppetlabs.com/theforeman and on > GitHub. The top level ones are "foreman", "puppet" and "foreman_proxy". > The installer configures both foreman and puppet with $custom_repo = > true, and puppet with $server = true, but otherwise the rest are > defaults I think - using noop mode should show you if the > configuration's right. > > Another approach is that you can disable purging vhosts in the Apache > module. > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >