PXE error: no boot filename received

Problem: Error PXE: no boot filename received

Expected outcome: try to boot without error or help me

Foreman and Proxy versions:
RELEASE: 9.6
FOREMAN: 1.16.2
RUBY: ruby 2.3.3p222 (2016-11-21) [x86_64-linux-gnu]

Other relevant data:

Hi everybody, I’m deploying Foreman on a lab and I’m lost since few days on some points.
There is a plan to explain the situation.

In fact, I have a Vcenter, on this there is a VM called Foreman which have 2 interfaces:
ens192 on Network Mgnt, where there is the gateway to Internet in the subnet 192.168.254.0/23
ens224 on Network PXE, where I deploy VMs in the subnet 192.168.253.0/24

I can create a host on Foreman, it use the TFTP of the Foreman, the interface of the new VM is in Network PXE, there isn’t problem, but when I open the VM, there is an error:
PXE-E53: No boot filename received
I have tested multiple things and I don’t found solution, when I check production.log it’s stuck on DHCPOFFER and my DHCP works.
So I don’t know If I have to use TFTP Proxy, DNS Proxy, DHCP Proxy.
Can someone enlighten me on this please ?

Regards

If you want production.log, tell me

Some thoughts:

• Can you check if the relevant entry for the host is created in the TFTP directory?
  • Are the relevant firewall ports open?
  • Is the host interface configured correctly?
  • Is the MAC address of the host the correct one?

I haven’t got firewall, the mac address is correct and the host interface is configured correctly and there is a entry created in the TFTP directory

I am asking myself If in the /etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf I have to precise a filename or something ?

Wild guess: You are probably running another DHCP server which is serving your requests (and has not PXE configured thus no filename option). Turn the Foreman-managed DHCP down and try again.

In fact when I create new VM I choose the network PXE (network PXE is configured with the vlan 998) so it must answer to the right DHCP but an another DHCP (network Mgnt with vlan 999) answered ???
I have restarted the DHCP on Foreman and after he answers to the right DHCP.

problem solved, thx!

Well to me it looks like you still have two DHCPs on your network, don’t do that. You can however set one to be authoritative.