Questions about Katello utilisation

Hello everyone,

I need to know few things I couldn’t find. :roll_eyes:

First, How content view works ? I published a second version of a content view but I don’t know if the what version is activated or not.
For example, How can i publish a version n+1 and push all updates to my clients and go back to version n and push updates to clients again ?
Another example (for the same question) : yesterday I publish a new version which has a new repo but when I check the file (in the client machine) /etc/yum.repod.d/redhat.repo there was not the new repo.

The second question is : how can I install and configure the Katello agent in my clients automatically ? Because I have a lot of VM and physical machines in my network. To test, I just installed manually the agent in few machines.

Thank you for your help ! :slight_smile:

While I don’t have answers for you, I suggest reading Katello docs and also Red Hat Satellite docs - that’s also very good (and free) resource with lot of content. There are some good 10,000 foot overview chapters.

I have already read the doc but sorry i didn’t find the answers I’m looking for…

I also tried directly to manipulate Katello but as I explained above I didn’t succeed. :confused:

Sure @katello perhaps?

1 Like

To see the newly added repo your host will need:

1. The Content View version containing the new repo.

2. To be subscribed to the Product containing the new repo.

Same goes for Activation Keys, to make a new repo available via an activation key you need to publish a new version of the Content View attached to the Activation Key and subscribe the Activation Key to the Product containing the new repo.

Have a look at the katello-client-bootstrap script. It can automate migrating existing hosts into Katello and will install Katello-Agent, Puppet and configure your Host Groups etc.

1 Like

Ok ! Thank you very much for your helps. I will check these. :slight_smile: