Redhat 9 repo

Hi,
I need to add the Red Hat 9 repository to Foreman.
I have a separate product for each version (7 and 8).
However, when I add the Red Hat 9 repository, it automatically adds it to Product 8 in foreman.
Any change that will add it to Product 9??

Thanks

How exactly are you adding it? If it’s a Red Hat repository it should automatically be added to a corresponding product. Perhaps a screen shot of the undesirable outcome would help.

If you don’t give the information requested in the form when creating a new topic it’s really difficult to help. You don’t even mention the katello version you are using… A lot changed over the years.

If the product name contains the major version then I guess you renamed it.

On my foreman/katello 3.7.1/4.9.2 server the product is called “Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64” and it contains the repos for RHEL 8 and RHEL 9. That’s the standard layout and naming as far as I can tell. There is nothing you can do about that. And it’s not a problem.

Hi,
Sorry that I didn’t provide more details.
Version of Foreman: 3.7.0 Katello: 4.9.2
Basically, I am trying to understand if I can separate it from Red Hat 8 product. I don’t want to have RHEL 8 and RHEL 9 repos on the same product.

Why? I see no issues with the way it’s done. I don’t think you can change that. It’s the name of the product on the redhat servers.