REHL8 AppStream Kickstart

Hi,

i’m new here.
I’ve got a problem with the kickstart of rhel 8/9.

i have edit the kickstart default template with the following line:

<% @additional_media.each do |medium| -%>
repo --name <%= medium[:name] %> --baseurl <%= medium[:url] %> <%= medium[:install] ? ' --install' : '' %><%= proxy_string %>
<% end -%>

This works fine for alma 8/9 but not for rhel 8/9.
I think the problem is in pulp/katello

The generated distri information in rhel 8/9 is missing in protected repos.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.3
Katello 4.5

Distribution and version:
RHEL 8 / 9
Alma Linux 8 / 9

Foreman is installed on Alma Linux 8

1 Like

Hmmm. Hi Lars,
Here are the surrounding lines in the current “Kickstart Default” shipped with Satellite 6.11

<% else %>
<%= @mediapath %><%= proxy_string %>
<% @additional_media.each do |medium| -%>
repo --name <%= medium[:name] %> --baseurl <%= medium[:url] %> <%= medium[:install] ? ’ --install’ : ‘’ %><%= proxy_string %>
<% end -%>
<%= snippet_if_exists(template_name + " custom repositories") %>
<% end %>

This works well for deploying of RHEL 8 and 9 and appears to be identical to your code.

Hi,
thanks but also didn’t work.

If i look for an alma repo (AppStream for example), you can see “Distro infos”
in RHEL 8/9 this infos are missing.

is this the problem?

Distro infos are coming from a repository containing kickstart information, which are a separate repository for RHEL unlike all the derivates. But I think for the kickstart repository you should see them.

yes in kickstart is this infos.

But i also see the infos in alma appstream.
How work the funktion @additional_media to know if this repo is for this kickstart?

Pulp has a mechanism to find out AppStream repo from BaseOS repo. Actually, what it does is that when you sync BaseOS, it will sync AppStream with it. So you do not need to add anything actually when using Pulp.

But I’ve seen some bugs reported around this, there might be dragons. All features are tested against CentOS Stream and RHEL so I would not be surprised if there is a bug.

Hi,
thanks for the answer.
But if i provisioning an rhel8 with additional packages (like wget), it will fail because of no appstream repo at the moment of anaconda is working.