We’re nearing the end of the development cycle, which means it’s almost time to post the branching procedure (see branching).
- Was announced GA: Foreman 3.8.0 is now available
- Now that 3.8 is GA, there’s some time available for Foreman 3.7.1. @ekohl will check with @Griffin-Sullivan about a plan.
- Now officially end of life
Like Foreman, it’s nearing the end of the development cycle and @iballou will post the branching procedure soon.
- 4.10.0 GA is still being worked on: Katello 4.10 GA Release Process
- Update katello to 4.10.0 by pcreech · Pull Request #9869 · theforeman/foreman-packaging · GitHub should be ready, was blocked by some build issue
- https://github.com/theforeman/foreman-documentation/pull/2481 is being reviewed
- No updates
A big performance regression with content syncs to content proxies was reported in the community:
Upstream there’s no issue (that I know of), but Red Hat is tracking it as 2245930 – Capsule slowdown from 10 minutes to 2 hours and is being investigated. It appears to be a difference in PostgreSQL 12 (as used by Foreman) and PostgreSQL 13 (as used by Pulp). Patches that rewrite the DB query to work well on both are being tested.