Repo "Backend Identifier" detail missing from GUI

After creating product repositories, “Backend Identifier” information in GUI is blank.

Expected outcome:
“Backend Identifier” should be populated with the identifier

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 1.22.0

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
Katello plugin 3.12.0

Other relevant data:
This was performed from a fresh katello/foreman install, after creating a new product and repo mirrors in katello.

I’m looking for the “backend identifier” information to be able to implement the centos errata information using the redis method, which needs this information. I have tried using the identifiers from the symlinked folder names (using ls -lah /var/www/pub/yum/https/repos/testlab/Library/custom/CentOS_7/) but these don’t appear to work.

@RBW I know that field used to show repository uuid’s, but I’m not sure what it is used for anymore, I don’t see it filled out for any repositories on my machine either. @Justin_Sherrill do you know anything regarding what is expected of the backend identifier field currently?

If you want to poke around in pulp to see more information about a repository, you can use pulp-admin

I usually install it with this little script:

pulpversion=$(rpm -qa pulp-server --queryformat "%{VERSION}")
yum install -y pulp-admin-client-${pulpversion} pulp-rpm-admin-extensions.noarch pulp-rpm-handlers.noarch
pulpAdminPassword=$(grep ^default_password /etc/pulp/server.conf | cut -d' ' -f2)
pulp-admin -u admin -p $pulpAdminPassword repo list

Nice, thanks for the advice @John_Mitsch. Using repo-admin I can get the repo id’s. The now question is whether this is the same as the old “backend id” identifier and if this can be used in the centos-errata scraper and importer. I can see at least one thread where people are having issues (i.e. broken) on later versions of katello. I will have a go and report back. I suspect that it may be more general issues like others are reporting.

I did have all this working on earlier versions in a test environment. Unfortunately after tearing that environment down and rebuilding using experiences learned so far has seen me stuck very early on in the setup.

looking further, the ID’s reported by pulp-admin are the same as the folder names in


which I was already using - so this is now looking like the same issue people are experiencing in Error Importing CentOS Errata into Pulp

Thanks @RBW, we’ll continue to keep an eye on that thread

I’m doing some testing on this workflow and saw this as well, so i opened an issue and pr to fix it:

1 Like