keep the interesting reports

0 1 * * * /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:expire days=180
0 2 * * * /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:expire days=1 status=0

But still everything gets thrown away after 7 days. Also when I check the
foreman database in the reports table. Nothing is there that's older than 7
days.

Anybody any idea what is causing the reports the be thrown away after 7
days?

Check for other cronjobs which may be expiring the reports.

A few major releases ago we moved from putting the expiries in the root
user's crontab (crontab -e) to /etc/cron.d/foreman, so it's possible
there are two cronjobs set up. Perhaps also check the Foreman user's
crontab (crontab -u foreman -e).

··· On 15/08/14 09:49, Jan van Lith wrote: > Hi, > > I have the following crontab installed to expire uninteresting reports > and keep the interesting reports > > 0 1 * * * /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:expire days=180 > 0 2 * * * /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:expire days=1 status=0 > > But still everything gets thrown away after 7 days. Also when I check > the foreman database in the reports table. Nothing is there that's older > than 7 days. > > Anybody any idea what is causing the reports the be thrown away after 7 > days?

Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering

That was it. Changed it there. Thnx for pointing out.

··· Op vrijdag 15 augustus 2014 16:08:38 UTC+2 schreef Dominic Cleal: > > On 15/08/14 09:49, Jan van Lith wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I have the following crontab installed to expire uninteresting reports > > and keep the interesting reports > > > > 0 1 * * * /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:expire days=180 > > 0 2 * * * /usr/sbin/foreman-rake reports:expire days=1 status=0 > > > > But still everything gets thrown away after 7 days. Also when I check > > the foreman database in the reports table. Nothing is there that's older > > than 7 days. > > > > Anybody any idea what is causing the reports the be thrown away after 7 > > days? > > Check for other cronjobs which may be expiring the reports. > > A few major releases ago we moved from putting the expiries in the root > user's crontab (`crontab -e`) to /etc/cron.d/foreman, so it's possible > there are two cronjobs set up. Perhaps also check the Foreman user's > crontab (`crontab -u foreman -e`). > > -- > Dominic Cleal > Red Hat Engineering >