Report Template to generate Host Patch Report

I am new to Linux and new to Foreman/Katello. I am looking for a report template that can generate a detailed patch report of all my existing hosts that are registered with Foreman/Katello. The following are some of the columns that I am thinking of seeing in my final report.

Subscription status

Installable Updates – Security

Installable Updates – Bug Fixes

Installable Updates – Enhancements

Installable Updates – Package Count

OS

Content View

Registered Date

Last Checkin Date

Thanks in advance for your help and time

Hello and welcome to the community!

We have some docs about writing report templates:

https://docs.theforeman.org/master/Managing_Hosts/index-foreman.html#using_report_templates

And also this appendix that you can use to build what you need:

https://docs.theforeman.org/master/Managing_Hosts/index-foreman.html#appe-Red_Hat_Satellite-Managing_Hosts-Template_Writing_Reference

I hope these are of some help to you.

Melanie

Melanie,
Thank you for your quick response. I had gone through the resources you provided in your response. That gave me a good start. I was able to figure out how to retrieve the values for my report for OS and
Content View. But still struggling to pull the values for the following items.
Subscription status
Installable Updates – Security
Installable Updates – Bug Fixes
Installable Updates – Enhancements
Installable Updates – Package Count
Registered Date
Last Checkin Date

Thanks in advance for your help and time

Hey @rtalasila
I am by no means an expert in this area, and am just looking through older threads to see if I can point you in any direction and remembered this:

I think that you might have to disable safe mode and play around a bit with different macros. I think that we might need to better handle how we communicate what is available in the report templates at the moment as there seems to be a bit of confusion. @Marek_Hulan can perhaps can advise me further on what I would need to do to put something together.