Repositories not listed by subscription-manager (Satellite)

We are only able to list 3 out of 8 repositories in the Content View using subscription-manager. i.e. they are not available to enable.

Expected outcome:

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Red Hat Satellite 6.10.3

Distribution and version:
Satellite Hosted on RHEL 7.9
Client is CentOS 8 (preparation for convert2rhel)

Other relevant data:
Unfortunately this is a disconnected satellite in a classified network so I’m unable to provide logs or screenshots.

We have verified release, OS, architecture and all looks valid. Multiple CentOS 8 systems behave the same way. We’ve tried with and without Simple Content Access enabled and the result is always the same. The only repos we can see are:
CentOS8 Extras
Epel 8

No BaseOS or Appstream content.

Can anyone point us in the right direction to diagnose this issue? It’s a grey area for Red Hat being Satellite with CentOS content so I thought I’d try the community before raising a support case with them.




we faced similar problem but I can not tell from your description if this is your case.

In short: our problem was caused by some known bug with missing records in candlepin table, see:

Custom repository is not available on the client system even after attaching the right subscription. - Red Hat Customer Portal

The workaround depicted in the mentioned article fixed it for us, with several repositories the task failed but it could be fixed with simple renaming of the product and running the task again.

You can check if all repositories are in the candlepin table by running:
su - postgres
psql -d candlepin
SELECT product.uuid AS “Product UUID”, AS “Product Name”, product.product_id, content.content_id, content.uuid, content.label,, content.arches FROM cp_pool pool JOIN cp2_products product ON pool.product_uuid = product.uuid JOIN cp2_product_content pc ON product.uuid = pc.product_uuid JOIN cp2_content content ON content.uuid = pc.content_uuid ORDER BY ASC;

1 Like

A combination of this and republishing repository metadata did the trick.

We also found that this:

Helped with our flakey imports.