Restore does not work because --disable-system-checks isn't a valid argument for foreman-installer

Problem:

First error:

Run installer reset:

\ Installer reset [FAIL]

Failed executing yes | foreman-installer -v --reset-data --disable-system-checks , exit status 1:

2022-11-22 15:58:58 [NOTICE] [root] Loading installer configuration. This will take some time.

2022-11-22 15:59:05 [NOTICE] [root] Running installer with log based terminal output at level NOTICE.

2022-11-22 15:59:05 [NOTICE] [root] Use -l to set the terminal output log level to ERROR, WARN, NOTICE, INFO, or DEBUG. See --full-help for definitions.

ERROR: Unrecognised option ‘–disable-system-checks’

See: ‘foreman-installer --help’

Scenario [Restore backup] failed.

The following steps ended up in failing state:

[restore-installer-reset]

Resolve the failed steps and rerun the command.

In case the failures are false positives, use

–whitelist=“restore-installer-reset”

Command with same effect:

foreman-installer -v --reset-data --disable-system-checks

Workaround (kinda)

foreman-maintain restore katello-backup-2022-11-22-15-32-00/

foreman-installer -v --reset-data

foreman-maintain restore --whitelist=“restore-installer-reset” katello-backup-2022-11-22-15-32-00/

Second error:

Procedures::Installer::Upgrade: [FAIL]

Failed executing LANG=en_US.utf-8 foreman-installer --disable-system-checks, exit status 1:

2022-11-22 16:21:22 [NOTICE] [root] Loading installer configuration. This will take some time.

2022-11-22 16:21:27 [NOTICE] [root] Running installer with log based terminal output at level NOTICE.

2022-11-22 16:21:27 [NOTICE] [root] Use -l to set the terminal output log level to ERROR, WARN, NOTICE, INFO, or DEBUG. See --full-help for definitions.

ERROR: Unrecognised option ‘–disable-system-checks’

See: ‘foreman-installer --help’

Command with same effect:

LANG=en_US.utf-8 foreman-installer --disable-system-checks

Can be avoided by using: installer-upgrade as whitelist, but not ideal

Expected outcome:
The restore should work withoud any problems, as the backup was created using the same tools (withoud backing up pulp).

Foreman and Proxy versions:
foreman-installer-katello-3.4.0-1.el8.noarch
foreman-3.4.0-1.el8.noarch
katello-4.6.0-1.el8.noarch

Distribution and version:

Other relevant data:
How i made the backup:
foreman-maintain backup offline -y --skip-pulp-content /var/lib/pulp/backup-test
How i restore the backup:
(i am in the directory /var/lib/pulp/backup-test)
foreman-maintain restore katello-backup-2022-11-22-15-32-00/

I think --tuning development is the new --disable-system-checks

I believe so too, however i find it weird that the foreman-maintain uses --disable-system-checks.
I looked on github and just saw this PR:
https://github.com/theforeman/foreman_maintain/pull/661

For now, i’ll just keep an eye out on that PR and if it’s merged and updated, i’ll test it out and close the issue here :slight_smile:

That’s correct. However, I think we will rather just update foreman-maintain directly to 1.2.1 (see Update foreman-maintain to 1.2.1 by evgeni · Pull Request #8799 · theforeman/foreman-packaging · GitHub) instead of picking that one fix.

(the fix is safe to apply if you need to get going though!)

This is now merged and should be available when we release Foreman 3.4.1, which is planned shortly: Foreman 3.4.1 release process

1 Like

Thank you for your time for fixing and responding! I actually was wondering when the new version would come out, i’ll look forward to it and we’ll update to it aswell :slight_smile: !

1 Like