The introduction of Pulp 3, which now uses Postgres, and upgrade of the Foreman web server stack to Rails 6 requires upgrade Postgres from the standard 9.2 version in base Enterprise Linux 7 to Postgres 10. This newer database version is provided via Software Collections (SCL). All RPM based installs will get Postgres 10 by default. Existing users will have their database upgrade automatically when using foreman-installer to upgrade between versions.
This change is targeted for release in 1.25.
- foreman-installer and puppet-foreman will be updated to configure Postgresql from SCL by default for new installs
- support will be added to --upgrade flag in foreman-installer to upgrade existing Postgresql databases to new Postgresql 10 database
- users of external databases will need to upgrade their database manually; docs will be provided to help with this scenario
- Backup and restore
- Upgrade process
- Database performance and tuning guide
- Compatibility of services that use Postgres
- Pulp 3