During the effort for unifying the RuboCop runs on our Jenkins and making it more reliable and helpful, we’ve decided to create a common gem, that would be used by core and would offer the plugin maintainers the same set of RuboCop rules as core uses.
Repo should keep the cops tidy and disable only the very irritating cops, but allow a choice for plugin maintainers to use only some category of the rules or override the config in their
- Enables to run simple
bundle exec rubocopon CI of choice without a need to have foreman core repository around
- versioning this gem allows plugin maintainers upgrade at their pace
- no need to copy the rules over to the plugin and wondering what rule is disabled just because core is not ready yet
- rules organization into categories
- discussions about rules in GH issues in the repo will make them easy to search
- We need to decide what rules to enable
- We need to migrate all plugins
- We need to name the gem
The last caveat being the hardest to solve, thus the most urgent, please help with that.
If you have any insight on how to vote on the rules, or idea how to organize the cops, your voice is welcome!