Running scripts on foreman server during provisioning

I'm currently using IPA for managing LDAP and a KRB5 realm, and would like
to run a script on the foreman master when hosts are added or deleted.

Any recommendations on a good way to go about this? If it matters, I'm
currently running 0.4.2, but plan to upgrade to 1.1 in the near future.

Thanks
jrb

I'm also looking into this, I was thinking about extending the
foreman-proxy to talk to IPA. Right now I am making use of a setup I
already had it place. I run a XMLRPC server on a system that's joined to
IPA. Is the post section of my kickstart, I pass the host info the the
XMLRPC server that triggers adding a A and PTR record if it does not exist.

··· On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:49:22 AM UTC-5, Jared Baldridge wrote: > > I'm currently using IPA for managing LDAP and a KRB5 realm, and would like > to run a script on the foreman master when hosts are added or deleted. > > Any recommendations on a good way to go about this? If it matters, I'm > currently running 0.4.2, but plan to upgrade to 1.1 in the near future. > > Thanks > jrb >

Hi jrb,

You can do this by writing a Foreman plugin (rails engine). Plugins - Foreman

Joseph

··· ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jared Baldridge" To: foreman-users@googlegroups.com Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:49:22 PM Subject: [foreman-users] Running scripts on foreman server during provisioning

I’m currently using IPA for managing LDAP and a KRB5 realm, and would like to run a script on the foreman master when hosts are added or deleted.

Any recommendations on a good way to go about this? If it matters, I’m currently running 0.4.2, but plan to upgrade to 1.1 in the near future.

Thanks
jrb

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Foreman users” group.
To post to this group, send email to foreman-users@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to foreman-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/foreman-users?hl=en.