Selecting "Legacy UI" produces error message

Problem:
foreman_logs_legacy_ui_issue.log (1.0 MB)
Selecting “Legacy UI” produces error message.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to Hosts > All Hosts
  2. Select any host
  3. Click the Kebab Menu (three dots) in upper left corner.
  4. Select “Legacy UI”
  5. The following error is displayed:

Oops, we’re sorry but something went wrong Missing partial /hosts/_expired_message.html.erb with {:locale=>[:en], :formats=>[:html], :variants=>, :handlers=>[:raw, :erb, :html, :builder, :ruby, :rabl]}. Searched in: * “/usr/share/foreman/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_leapp-0.1.14/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_webhooks-3.2.1/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_virt_who_configure-0.5.13/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_templates-9.3.3/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_statistics-2.0.1/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_snapshot_management-2.0.3/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_setup-8.0.1/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_rh_cloud-8.0.50/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/puppetdb_foreman-6.0.2/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_puppet-6.0.0/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_monitoring-3.0.0/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_host_reports-1.0.2/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_expire_hosts-8.1.0/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_discovery-22.0.4/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_bootdisk-21.0.4/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_azure_rm-2.2.10/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-4.9.2/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/katello-4.9.2/engines/bastion/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_openscap-7.0.0/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_omaha-5.0.1/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_ansible-12.0.6/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman_remote_execution-10.0.7/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/foreman-tasks-8.1.1/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/apipie-dsl-2.5.0/app/views” * “/usr/share/gems/gems/apipie-rails-1.1.0/app/views”

I get the same error when go to Hosts > Content Hosts, select a host, then try to access the legacy UI.

Expected outcome:
View the legacy UI screen for a host.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.7.0
foreman-proxy-3.7.0
katello-4.9.2

Distribution and version:
RHEL 8.8

Other relevant data:
/var/log/foreman/production.log is attached.

Please let me know if there is any more info or logs I can provide. Thank you! :beers:

@Marek_Hulan Does this look familiar. Seems to be coming from the foreman_expire_hosts plugin.

I removed the foreman-plugin-expire-hosts plugin. Now when I click “Legacy UI,” I get this:

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I reinstalled the rpm for foreman-plugin-expire-hosts and did

# foreman-installer --enable-foreman-plugin-expire-hosts

Now it’s back to the original error when I click “Legacy UI.”

Sorry for the late answer. Indeed, this is from the expire host plugin. Are you actively using the plugin or do you want to remove it? After the plugin removal, did you restart the Foreman service?