While looking at the output of “
hammer settings list --fields Name,Value” on Foreman 2.1.0rc3, I noticed that one setting name stood out from the others (if you ignore the the PXE entries). That was “Default_parameters_Lookup_Path” as it uses partial title case in its name - no other setting name does (excluding the aforementioned PXE entries, in which all but three use uppercase - as it an initialism). I was going to ignore it, bit a recursive grep of the foreman repositories, suggests that it is new to v2.1, so I though I would mention it.
grep(1) results (file list included at the end of this post), if we assume the documentation is generated, then the fix is limited to the
The fix may be as simple as:
cd foreman grep -r -i Default_parameters_Lookup_Path sed -i -e 's/Default_parameters_Lookup_Path/default_parameters_lookup_path/' $(grep -r -l Default_parameters_Lookup_Path) git diff
I realize the v2.1.0 release is currently almost complete according to Foreman 2.1.0 release process, but I thought it was worth mentioning as consistency is a marker of quality in software (IMHO).
foreman/app/models/lookup_keys/lookup_key.rb foreman/app/models/setting/puppet.rb foreman/db/migrate/20200324210540_rename_default_variable_lookup_path.rb foreman/test/fixtures/settings.yml theforeman.org/api/2.1/apidoc/v2/settings.en.html theforeman.org/api/2.1/apidoc/v2/settings.html theforeman.org/api/2.1/apidoc/v2/settings/index.en.html theforeman.org/api/2.1/apidoc/v2/settings/index.html