Good day Guys.
Could you please help me to understand and, hopefully, implement the
We have DNS+DHCP server in our network, File server with access to the
internet and Ubuntu and RHEL repositories on it, and two admin servers one
is running ubuntu 14.04.01 and another one RHEL 6.4. (Legacy, will be
migrated to CentOS). Admin servers are mounting repositories from the file
server, so we can easily manipulate with packages and repositories. Please
do not ask me why it is so complicated, it is all about corporate rules,
So what we have (cut long story short):
- First server: DHCP+DNS (10.10.10.10/32)
- Second server: Ubuntu admin server + TheForeman (10.10.10.15/32)
- The third server: File server with repositories (10.10.10.16/32)
- The forth one: RHEL admin server (10.10.10.14/32)
- Client network: Ubuntu and RHEL Linux boxes 10.10.11.0/24
- DHCP relay is configured between 10.10.11.0/24 and 10.10.10.10/32 on the
What we need to achieve:
As we can't have dual homed servers in the network and we do not want to
create bunch of DHCP/DNS servers we decided to keep the Foreman server on
the one server (10.10.10.15/32) and install foreman-smartproxy with
DHCP/DNS plugin enable on the another server (10.10.10.10/32). Question is,
will this setup work and how to create the provisioning setup for the
Client network (10.10.11.0/24), if the Foreman gives you to choose only
from network where its local interfaces are homed?
Thank you in advance!