Stepping down as community manager

It is with a definite mix of emotions that I have to announce that I am stepping down as the community manager of Foreman. This post goes into some of the details, and some of our shared history…

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://theforeman.org/2019/02/stepping-down.html
11 Likes

I will not put Like on this post, because I don’t like it. But I’m glad for you to continuing on working full-time on what you like most. Thanks for all your contributions and helping building and maintaining the community around the little project of ours.

Good luck in whatever comes next to you!

5 Likes

Sad to read that, good luck!

1 Like

You will be missed. Thank you for all the work you have done.

“So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish” :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for taking care of our community and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

1 Like

Just want you to know that your advise has always been helpful to me. It was great speaking and learning from you Greg.

Will miss you! And All the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Gwmngilfen thanks for all your help and guidance in the past years. You will be missed. Enjoy your new role!

1 Like

Wow, I was not expecting that blog post today! I’m sure you’ll be doing as fine a job as ever on your next position. Thanks for the legacy and the effort you’ve put into building this community and I’m hoping we will be able to keep it up. Best of luck in your new role!

1 Like

Nice Post @Gwmngilfen, and thanks for all your contributions!

1 Like

Good luck @Gwmngilfen !!
Keep bring happiness wherever you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve told you this in private as well, but might as well share here - Thank you so much for all the contributions to Foreman over the years and for the awesome work you’ve done shepherding our community in your role as community lead. Good luck ahead in your next position!

1 Like

Greg, I’ve been avoiding writing a public response, mostly because I find it hard to imagine our community without you (I know, I know, you are not really going away… but)…

Its been a pleasure working with you, when I think about the last few years, the transition from a project we enjoy playing with to a product that we work on has been a thrill, I always felt comfortable with the community at your hands, knowing how much you care, knowing that you’ll do whats best for our community…so Thank you for a great ride, thank you for making our community what it is today, and setting a high bar for your followers :slight_smile:

Good luck, and don’t forget to have fun,
Ohad

7 Likes

Thanks all for the kind words, it really means a lot :slight_smile:

I did promise an update on what’s happening next in the community team. If you haven’t already seen it, there’s a couple of blog posts on the subject :wink: