Steps to register clients to Ubuntu without goferd

Need steps - how to check apt updates in Ubuntu?

I understand earlier goferd was responsible for pushing errata updates to Katello.
Since goferd is deprecated need steps to understand how to confirm correct package upload is happening?

I have followed doc to register system.

Now need next steps. Something as mentioned in Red Hat guide

I don’t think I understand what you are trying to do. Are you looking for CV workflows? How to install updates on APT based systems (Ubuntu/Debian) using REX? Errata support for APT based systems is not yet part of upstream Katello (See Fixes #25978 - Debian Errata support by m-bucher · Pull Request #7961 · Katello/katello · GitHub).

@maximilian might be able to point you at the best place for general APT/deb related workflow docs.

Hi @Harshad

all three big guides, Content Management Guide, Provisioning Guide, and Managing Hosts Guide, have instructions for Debian based systems. If not, then it’s a bug. Feel free to open an issue against foreman-documentation or let us know what you’re missing exactly.

Maybe Configuring and Setting Up Remote Jobs is a good starting point for you.

1 Like

Hi,

To make it more clear with the ask, I am following below Steps to register Ubuntu client with foreman

# mv /etc/apt/sources.list /root/ #### to take backup of existing configuration

# wget --no-check-certificate -O katello-rhsm-consumer https://foreman_host/pub/katello-rhsm-consumer

# bash -vx katello-rhsm-consumer

# subscription-manager register --org="IT" --activationkey="Ubuntu"

# apt-get install apt-transport-katello

# apt update

Optional command

# /usr/bin/package-profile-upload

What I am looking for is:
Is there any additional steps I should be following ? eg.
apt-get install katello-host-tools-tracer

same what’s given here in RH Goferless Host Management article

This is missing in Managing Hosts guide

Looks need to raise documentation Bug as the steps are missing.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.