Subnet question

Problem:
I am trying to see if I can add 10.x.x.x and 172.x.x.x networks as part of single network which can be associated to one subnet level. At this moment, I am using 10.0.0.0/8 and 172.0.0.0/8 as separate subnets and then add these individually into different hostgroup for everything else same. My each site has mix of IP series (10.x and 172.x) and I am looking for an easy way to call out all IP range. (I am using Foreman Master without puppet on clients, Foreman Proxy for TFTP while DHCP is coming from Linux based standard DHCP and pointing to Foreman TFTP server).

Expected outcome:

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 1.20, Foreman Proxy 1.20

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Other relevant data:
[e.g. logs from Foreman and/or the Proxy, modified templates, commands issued, etc]
(for logs, surround with three back-ticks to get proper formatting, e.g.)

logs

I am afraid I don’t understand.

I’m not positive but I seriously doubt it. The rules you should be following for your RFC1918 addressing is:
10.0.0.0/8
172.16.0.0/12

As HUGE as those network ranges are hopefully you’re NOT overlapping across multiple sites w/in the same company. While you can get away w/it your network group will certainly hate you for it. :wink:
That being said trying to “supernet” 10.0.0.0 - 172.255.255.255 (using your example) w/out using close to a “ZERO bit” subnet mask. All devices I’ve worked w/over the years will throw an error w/anything w/a < 8 bit subnet mask. I could certainly be wrong but that’s my thoughts.

HTH
-Greg