Subscription Manager for Debian & Ubuntu on apt.atix.de

We are working on publishing subscription-manager for Debian 11 on apt.atix.de soon! I will keep you posted.

4 Likes

Update: We’ve published subscription-manager and katello-host-tools for Debian 11 ‘Bullseye’ on apt.atix.de.

4 Likes

You also removed the Debian 10 repo. Any chance of restoring this repo?

Thank you.

Yes, we are hearing the feedback of the community loud and clear.

I will have a look at this on Monday.

3 Likes

You rock! Thanks for bringing that repo back up. :star_struck:

4 Likes

Yes, it’s back: we’re (again) providing subscription-manager and katello-host-tools for Debian 10 on apt.atix.de.

Thanks for your feedback!

4 Likes

Hi I am enjoying this discussion as I want to enroll Ubuntu clients with forman-katello.
I have used a minimal ubuntu vagrant image.
Everything is setup like Maximilian explained for ubuntu clients.
Client is correct registered and can download available packages. Only thing that I am missing (right now) is to see what packages are installed on the client (from foreman).
I know /usr/bin/package-profile-upload should do the job and when running it says only “No updates performed. See /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log for more information” and with logging level on debug /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log shows:
Connection built: host=xxxxx.lan port=443 handler=/rhsm auth=identity_cert ca_dir=/etc/rhsm/ca/ insecure=False.
Also tried frace to see if there is something that is blocking but no luck.
I have seen screenshots where a content host is displaying the packages that are available to that host.
Am I missing something?

Hi,
Need some help registering Ubuntu 20.04 client with foreman. Following steps from [A] .
Steps did so far

1. Added Index of /Ubuntu20LTS stable main
  2. Imported key
  3. apt update
  4. apt-get install -y python3-subscription-manager failing with error
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 python3-subscription-manager : Depends: python3-ethtool but it is not installable
                                Depends: python3-iniparse but it is not installable
                                Depends: python3-rpm but it is not installable
                                Depends: virt-what but it is not installable

[A] : https://apt.atix.de/

This worked after I enabled “Universe” repo.

2 Likes

Well, seems to be working fine, however I’m a bit surprised nobody mentioned these messages in /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log:

2022-02-16 22:06:48,143 [WARNING] subscription-manager:180075:MainThread @repolib.py:124 - Configuration file of dnf plugin: “/etc/dnf/plugins/product-id.conf” cannot be read

I checked the code and that repolib.py is trying to read yum or dnf plugin configuration which doesn’t exist of course. Did I miss something?

Thanks @Polle for bringing this up.
We will have a look at it and report back to you.

IMHO subscription-manager running on Debian/Ubuntu should not look for dnf/dnf plugin config files.

1 Like

Small update @Polle

We verified the issue and put it on our TODO.

However, this warning in the log file does not impact the functionality of subscription-manager on both Debian and Ubuntu.

1 Like

subscription-manager refresh is not updating repositories under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/rhsm.sources

I have shared the entire logs in new thread under katello

Hi Melanie and Maximilian,
what happened to the source release plans? I really appreciate the work invested here and would be interested in trying it out, but trusting a binary-only repository is not feasible for our use case.
I didn’t check all the software packages included, but at least subscription-manager is GPLv2-licensed, so binary-only distribution isn’t really a legally viable option if you modified anything…

sorry, we dont have time for this currently.

The sub-man is packaged python code. So, you can unpack it and analyze the code.

Thanks for the quick reply. Will do so!

1 Like

Hey @Polle

@goarsna has fixed this issue: commit in subscription-manager. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last update for apt.atix.de: You are now automatically forwarded to oss.atix.de. Please post any questions to packaged subscription-manager for SLES on oss.atix.de.

3 Likes

Thank you

I adjust your URL source to my katello

Hello Maximilian!
Could you please publish a repository for Debian10?
We have several legacy systems and need to manage them.
Thanks in advance!