Subscription-manager for Ubuntu 24.04

I can’t see any movement at oss.atix.de. Does anybody know if subscription-manager for Ubuntu 24.04 is coming any time soon?

Not sure if you are the correct one to ping @maximilian, but you at least will know who is doing the work.

Hey @voorman

We (ATIX) are working on it and will report back to you. I cannot give any timeline yet but will let you know ASAP.

2 Likes

Hi @voorman

We have packaged, signed, and published subscription-manager for Ubuntu 24.04 “Noble”: Ubuntu 24.04 “Noble” on oss.atix.de.

1 Like

Thank you, maximilian! For packaging in the first place of course, and for letting me know! Have a great weekend! I’m going to test and deploy Ubuntu 24.04.

1 Like

The packages seem to work fine, but with a warning though:

N: Missing Signed-By in the sources.list(5) entry

for each line. Should subscription-manager perhaps use a different format for the rhsm.sources file as of Ubuntu 24.04?

You need to store the public key you have used for the debian packages to /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ and it should be named like “client.gpg”. Please try this.

@maximilian we should document this.

1 Like

I tried this:

#!/bin/bash

GPG_DIR="/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/"
TEMP_KEYRING="/tmp/apt-keyring.gpg"
SOURCE_FILE="/etc/apt/sources.list.d/rhsm.sources"

mkdir -p $GPG_DIR

while IFS= read -r line; do
    if [[ $line =~ ^name:\ (.*) ]]; then
        repo_name="${BASH_REMATCH[1]}"
        repo_name=${repo_name// /_}
    fi
    if [[ $line =~ ^gpgkey:\ (.*) ]]; then
        gpgkey_url="${BASH_REMATCH[1]}"
        gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring $TEMP_KEYRING --fingerprint
        wget -qO- "$gpgkey_url" | gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring $TEMP_KEYRING --import
        gpg --no-default-keyring --keyring $TEMP_KEYRING --export -o "${GPG_DIR}${repo_name}.gpg"
        rm $TEMP_KEYRING
    fi
done < $SOURCE_FILE

But that didn’t fix the warnings. Is there a different way I should save these keys?

@voorman We have updated the description for Ubuntu 24.04 “Noble”. Please let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

Hi @maximilian, it worked! Had to rebuild my template, but that’s my procedure.
So in short, it works when I follow your procedure on my template. I have to add your key to the /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ dir before I subscribe to the UB24 repo’s.
I’m open to discuss or exchange any further info if you like!

Kind regards,

Jasper

2 Likes