Subscription-manager on suse

Hey team,
I am using Foreman server 3.10 with Katello 4.12 plugin,
I would like to know what I am doing wrong,
I have indeed installed the subscription manager on Ubuntu and RHEL as well and attached both hosts to The Foreman successfully.
Now I am encountering an error on suse 12.5, with the installation of Subscription-manager
I am trying to install a subscription manager on SUSE12,

Missed packages in SLES12SP5 ATIX repository:
The installation of subscription-manager requires to install following packages:

python-M2Crypto, python-dateutil, python-decorator, python-ethtool, python-iniparse, python-syspurpose, subscription-manager, subscription-manager-rhsm, subscription-manager-rhsm-certificates, virt-what

On atix site following packages are missed:

python-M2Crypto, python-dateutil, python-decorator, python-ethtool, python-iniparse, virt-what

We can install from the original SLES repositorie following packages:

python-M2Crypto, python-dateutil, python-decorator, python-ethtool

But packages: python-iniparse and virt-what are not available.

Error: File ‘./python-iniparse-0.4-10.noarch.rpm’ not found on medium ‘Index of /SLES12SP5

What should I do??

The idea is that any packages not included with the client repository should come from the OS.

If the two packages you have identified are not available in any SLES repo anywhere, then the only workaround I can think of is to find some other source for those packages, create a small custom repo and add that to the host in question.

Maybe something like Search the RPM repository on rpmfind.net can help?

1 Like

This is the solution:
What you can try is to use the following package reference directly from Suse: Install package systemsmanagement:katello / subscription-manager