Subscription-manager Validation failed: Title has already been taken (HTTP error code 422: Unprocessable Entity)

Problem:
Validation failed: Title has already been taken (HTTP error code 422: Unprocessable Entity)

Expected outcome:
Subscribe to Ubuntu repository

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman 3.3 & Katello 4.5 - fresh installation

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
subscription management server: 4.1.11-${release}
subscription management rules: 5.43
subscription-manager: 1.28.24-8

Distribution and version:
Foreman/Ketello installed on RedHat Enterprise 7.9
Client: Ubuntu 20.04

Other relevant data:

#1 I Installed subscription-manager on Ubuntu 20.04 client using this https://apt.atix.de/
subsciption-manager got installed without any problems

#2 trying subscribe my VM to the Katello

subscription-manager register --org=“Default_Organization” --activationkey=“Ubuntu_focal-Activation_key” --force --insecure
ERROR: Validation failed: Title has already been taken (HTTP error code 422: Unprocessable Entity)

I found other post with simillar error “Name has already taken” and followed provided solutions - trying to find duplicate host name in postgress db - no duplicates found
tried other solution with foreman console - no duplicate found
change the name of my VM - same error
ERROR: Validation failed: Title has already been taken (HTTP error code 422: Unprocessable Entity)

I ran out of th eideas what might be wrong - anyone can help with this ??

Best
Simon

Replying to myself :slight_smile:

Not sure why but looks like when I changed definitiona of Operating System and set this in the following way (see below) after that I was able register my new VM to foreman/katelly subscription !

This time decided to register using wizard so I just executed follwoing (without any paramaters )

subscription-manager register

Registering to: automatically discovered my foreman URL
Username: #######
Password: *********
Hint: Organization “Default_Organization” contains following environments: Library, Library/repository, Ubuntu-Library/repository
Environment: Library
The system has been registered with ID: faf03b2a-48d1-4b40-dadd95216a66
The registered system name is: ubuntu-test

after refreshing/updating local repo I got message that some katello tool is not installed

Reading package lists… Done
E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/katello could not be found.
N: Is the package apt-transport-katello installed?

so I just installed that

apt install apt-transport-katello

and after that

YAY !!!

after that I see new server subscribed to my repository and also see server reports to my dasboard with the information about packages which needs to be updated !!