Sync Status Warning: Cannot connect to host cdn.redhat.com:443 ssl:True [SSLCertVerificationError: (1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1006)')]

Problem: When I want to synchronize a red hat repository from the Foreman GUI, I get a warning saying: “Cannot connect to host cdn.redhat.com:443 ssl:True [SSLCertVerificationError: (1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1006)’)]”.

Expected outcome: Sync Status: Success

Foreman and Proxy versions: Foreman 3.9 and Katello 4.11

Other relevant data: My server is a RHEL 8 and I’m trying to install and configure Foreman. Now, I’m in progress to set up all the repositories, but the ones related to red hat are failing. I have checked the ssl certificate and it seems to be the correct one. I also tried deleting the product and recreating it. I also tried refreshing the manifest but nothing seems to help.
All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

How are you trying to sync the RedHat Repos? It sounds like you are manually adding them via Products → Create Repository?
For RedHat Repos, you need to sync them via Content → RedHat Repositories (see here in the docs). Note that you also need to add a subscription manifest in your Foreman.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you! This is exactly what happened. You have been a great help. Hope you have a nice day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like