Synced Content greyed out

But how to associate the synced content to the OS entry that is being generated by puppet?

But how to associate the synced content to the OS entry that is being generated by puppet?

You cant at present. Synced media URL’s are computed at runtime. This is because we want to be able to mirror this content across multiple smart proxies. Based on your selection for
Org, Lifecycle Environmnet, Content View, Content Source, OS and arch we determine the media url.

Now if the puppet fact says OS = 7.6 vs os inferred from the tree info value (Centos 7 in this case) that brings about an unforseen complication.

We could look into adding a way to associate custom os’es to synced content but that is going to be a larger feature. Feel free to file an issue on that.

May be there is a better way for this but at the current state of things I cannot see how we can associated 7.6 with 7 Os.

What I would recommend is creating a host group that has Centos 7 as the os and the right synced content from the Media drop down.

Hi,

Since we hit this bug too on RedHat Satellite 6.5 (where the PR for 3 digit was merged) and not on Satellite 6.2, i think the problem is, prior to this PR, having an Operating System with major 7 and minor 6 was allowing to use as synced content a media with a Version 7 in treeinfo and it is not the case anymore.

So this regression could be solved in two way :

• fix the treeinfo generation to allowing 3 digit and have 7.X.X as version in treeinfo (since the PR seems allow to match media 7.X.X for an OS 7.X)
  • allow to match media with version 7 in treeinfo for an OS 7.X as it was previously possible in Satellite 6.2

As a workaround, to be able to use a media CentOS 7.x.x with “synced content”, i add my media 7.x.x to OS CentOS 7, and are now available as “synced content”.
This is a workaround since the host are tag as “7Server” even if it is a 7.3 or a 7.6 etc…

Best regards,

that was really helpful - thank you!