Synchronizing repos for Ubuntu 22 gives 0 deb packages

Problem:
When I configure an ubuntu repository, there is no sync. The tasks succeeds, but there is no package retrieved. (0 deb package)

It is working fine for yum/rocky repositories.

Expected outcome:
Upstream repository should be synchronized.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Version 3.4.0-rc2

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:
foreman-tasks 7.0.0
foreman_remote_execution 7.1.0
katello 4.6.0.rc1

Distribution and version:
AME=“Rocky Linux”
VERSION=“8.6 (Green Obsidian)”

** Other informations **
Configured parameters :

Sync Settings
Upstream URL Index of /ubuntu
Releases/Distributions jammy
Components all
Architectures amd64
Verify SSL Yes
Upstream Authorization
HTTP Proxy
Global Default (None)
Unprotected Yes
Published At
GPG Key
SSL CA Cert
SSL Client Cert
SSL Client Key
Download Policy Immediate
Mirroring Policy Content Only

Thanks

Hi,

can you try if it gives you packages, when you set only “main” as component? (Should be less packages then)

@jtruestedt Has spotted the error. There is no such component as all in Ubuntu. You should leave this field blank in order to sync all available components. If you put all the plugin will try to synchronize a component called “all” which does not exist/is empty, resulting in zero packages.

If you don’t want to sync all components you can have some subset of main multiverse restricted universe.

Hint: Check out the UI hints and mouse overs when creating a new APT (deb) repo, e.g:

Hi,

thanks that was the issue indeed.

Note that once a thread has been marked solved like this one, it is normally better to open a new one for new questions.

That being said, I am going to point you at a place in the orcharhino documentation. The procedure described here is largely the same for Katello. (To get started you only really need steps 1. to 6.) If you still have questions after reading the docs, I suggest opening a new thread in this forum. Try to explain exactly what you tried to do (and what did not work).

P.S.: When you say you are using Foreman, do you mean “Foreman with Katello” or “plain Foreman”? The features being described here are Katello features.