Table issue in patternfly 3

We found out, that in patternfly v3 is a pretty bad issue in the Table component. We are using this in foreman_acd and pretty soon in the foreman_snapshot_management, too.

The issue can also be reproduced in:

https://patternfly-react-pf3.surge.sh/?path=/story/patternfly-react-content-views-table-view--table-with-inline-edit-row

• Start the edit mode
  • Change the name (click on the first column).
  • Then try to change the “height”. To do this, you need to click on the “height” column twice
  • The first click on the “height” column “unfocus” the “name” field
  • The second click on the “height” column is necessary to actually select the height column so that you are able to change the value.

How can we proceed with such an issue? Does someone know of an workaround? Maybe @ui_ux team?

2 Likes

Hey Bernhard, thanks for bringing this up. Others may have an immediate solution but I wanted to let you know that I’m forwarding this concern to PF. Thanks!

1 Like

On my system, I can reproduce the issue, but only when Chrome Dev tools is open in the browser. When Chrome Dev Tools is closed, the table behaves normally. Perhaps it’s an issue with how the browser behaves when Dev Tools is in use?

(and by Dev Tools I mean the panel you can open by going to the menu > More Tools > Developer Tools or by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I or Ctrl+Shift+J.)

1 Like

I tried it again with Chrome + Firefox without opening the dev tools: The issue can be seen and reproduced all the time.
It would be nice to have a feedback from PF. Thanks for forwarding the issue to PF @Roxanne_Hoover