The 2020 Foreman Community Survey is Live!

As we do every year, this is our regular attempt to understand more about you, the fine folks that use our project, how changes we’ve made are being received, and to try work out what’s important to tackle next.

This year, the survey also includes some questions on features we think might not be used much. We are considering extracting some functionality to plugins or dropping it completely, so that we can focus on making foreman easier to set up, run and maintain. Your feedback will be taken into consideration when we plan our work for the next year.

I really hope you can find 10 mins to fill it in - it’s a few pages long, but every question is optional, so if something doesn’t apply to you feel free to skip it, or if you get bored you can skip to the end and submit what you got done - even partial replies are useful.

This is a great opportunity to get your views across to us - Foreman doesn’t contain any form of tracking, so we literally have no other way to gather a lot of this data. Help us out by clicking the link below!

Let’s get started!

3 Likes

Page 3, in “Which of the following provisioning workflows do you use?”, I this “iPXE booting” is missing ?

Page 8, in “What areas of Foreman do you currently contribute to, or would like to get started on?” “Foreman Ansible Modules” is missing :wink:

Filled it in! Hope it’s useful.

But I somehow got the fishy feeling, that Puppet will not be a first class citizen in the 2.0 version anymore. I really hope config groups, smart class parameters will stay for example!

We will be closing the survey next week, so don’t forget to fill it out if you haven’t already!

The survey is now closed.
Thank you very much to the 127 people who put in the time and effort into answering it!
Your feedback is very appreciated and will help us understand where to go with the development of Foreman in the next year.

1 Like

Hey, have we published analysis yet?

Thanks to reduced availability (yay Covid) I’m behind on this. I’ve got about half of it written up, I just need to find time to do the rest. Thanks for the patience!

2 Likes

No pressure, I was just curious if we forgot! :slight_smile: Looking forward the results.