The option remote_execution_connect_by_ip wont work for ansible roles run and the remoteexecution plugin

Problem:
Foreman wont resolve fqdn from provisioned host. I try to use the remote_execution_connect_by_ip option but it still tries the fqdn

Expected outcome:
It tries IP instead of fqdn.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
1.16 and 1.16

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

foreman-tasks The goal of this plugin is to unify the way of showing task statuses across the Foreman instance. It defines Task model for keeping the information about the tasks and Lock for assigning the tasks to resources. The locking allows dealing with preventing multiple colliding tasks to be run on the same resource. It also optionally provides Dynflow infrastructure for using it for managing the tasks. Ivan Nečas 0.10.6
foreman_ansible Ansible integration with Foreman Daniel Lobato Garcia 1.4.6
foreman_discovery MaaS Discovery Plugin engine for Foreman alongoldboim, Alon Goldboim, amirfefer, Amit Karsale, Amos Benari, Bryan Kearney, Daniel Lobato, Daniel Lobato Garcia, Daniel Lobato García, David Davis, Dominic Cleal, Eric D. Helms, Frank Wall, Greg Sutcliffe, ChairmanTubeAmp, imriz, Imri Zvik, Joseph Mitchell Magen, June Zhang, Lukas Zapletal, Lukáš Zapletal, Marek Hulan, Marek Hulán, Martin Bačovský, Matt Jarvis, Michael Moll, Nick, Ohad Levy, Ori Rabin, orrabin, Petr Chalupa, Phirince Philip, Rahul Bajaj, Robert Antoni Buj Gelonch, Scubafloyd, Sean O’Keeffe, Sebastian Gräßl, Shimon Shtein, Shlomi Zadok, Stephen Benjamin, Swapnil Abnave, Timo Goebel, Tom Caspy, Tomer Brisker, and Yann Cézard 10.0.0
foreman_remote_execution A plugin bringing remote execution to the Foreman, completing the config management functionality with remote management functionality. Foreman Remote Execution team 1.3.3
foreman_setup Plugin for Foreman that helps set up provisioning. Dominic Cleal 5.0.0

Other relevant data:
[e.g. logs from Foreman and/or the Proxy, modified templates, commands issued, etc]

support for connect_by_ip in ansible was added to foreman-ansible in 2.1.0
i have 1.4.6, it was explaind to me in irc #theforeman.