The /var/lib/pulp grows infinite

Problem:
After Migration from pulp2 to pulp3 the filesystem /var/lib/pulp grows infinite.

Expected outcome:
There should be a cleanup process that removes the orphaned rpm files.

Foreman and Proxy versions:
Foreman Version 2.4.1-1. I
Katello Version 4.0.3-1

Foreman and Proxy plugin versions:

Distribution and version:
CentOS7

Other relevant data:

I did also open an issue in the issue tracker. The Link is Bug #33922: The /var/lib/pulp grows infinite - Katello - Foreman

Just to clarify if I am understanding this correctly: The migration to Pulp 3 and upgrade all went fine, but during regular usage after the upgrade, disk usage keeps growing and growing?

If so, this does not seem to be a very widespread issue (or there would have been more reports by now). Ergo, it must be something that went wrong on your particular instance. Perhaps you can describe the symptoms, your usage, and your observations of what is happening under /var/lib/pulp in some more detail?

There isn’t enough info here. What type of repos do you have, how many, etc.

After upgrading, the docs say to run foreman-maintain content remove-pulp2 to remove pulp2 content. I also have cronjob that runs foreman-rake katello:delete_orphaned_content to anything no longer needed.

Hello rgp,

Thanks for replying.

I run a Katello with 96 yum repos and no other repos. I only have yum repos.

I did follow the upgrade inistructions and did remove the pulp2 content.

I do have a cron job that cleans the orphaned content. It looks like this:
00 22 * * 0 root foreman-rake katello:delete_orphaned_content RAILS_ENV=production >/dev/null 2>&1

So this cron job will be started every sunday at 22:00.

In the time between I opened this case and now I did upgrade katello to a newer version and changed the download policy of every repository from Immediate to On Demand.

Because I switchted the download policy to On Demand on all repositories the /var/lib/pulp is growing much slower and not an issue anymore.

Is there any statistic about the katello:delete_orphaned_content command? Can I see how much content is deleted by this command?

sincerely yours

icingauserm

Hello rgp,

And just to let you now. The Versions I do have installed now:
Foreman 3.1.2-2
Katello 4.3.0-1