Trace_status = reboot_needed not working after upgrade to 4.12

I’ve just noticed trace_status = reboot_needed is not working as expected anymore

In Content Host UI > search bar > trace_status = reboot_needed
does not show any hosts

but i have Host’s which needs a restart

When i do
trace_helper ~ reboot

It seems to find all the Hosts which needs a reboot

Is this expected or a bug?
Whats the correct search string for Job Run when im scheduling a reboot for Hosts with dynamic query ?

Name Description Author Version
foreman-tasks The goal of this plugin is to unify the way of showing task statuses across the Foreman instance. It defines Task model for keeping the information about the tasks and Lock for assigning the tasks to resources. The locking allows dealing with preventing multiple colliding tasks to be run on the same resource. It also optionally provides Dynflow infrastructure for using it for managing the tasks. Ivan Nečas 9.1.1
foreman_acd Foreman plugin to provide application centric deployment and self service portal ATIX AG 0.9.4
foreman_ansible Ansible integration with Foreman Daniel Lobato Garcia 13.0.3
foreman_fog_proxmox Foreman plugin adds Proxmox VE compute resource using fog-proxmox. It is compatible with Foreman 1.22+ Tristan Robert and The Foreman Team 0.15.0
foreman_remote_execution A plugin bringing remote execution to the Foreman, completing the config management functionality with remote management functionality. Foreman Remote Execution team 12.0.5
foreman_templates Engine to synchronise provisioning templates from GitHub Greg Sutcliffe 9.4.0
katello Katello adds Content and Subscription Management to Foreman. For this it relies on Candlepin and Pulp. N/A 4.12.0

It sounds like the host’s trace status is not up to date. In the web UI, what do you see for the host’s Tracer status? Does it match what you see on the host itself?

Let me try to show you

Content Host Page > Traces > Reboot needed

Content Host > Search Query

Search for trace_status = reboot_needed is not working as expected

The other two Hosts need a reboot too, so thats correct

If you click Overview, then on the Host status card click ‘Manage all statuses’, what do you see there? My question was does this status match what you are seeing elsewhere or not. (my theory is that it does not.)

example:

I’m also curious, what version of katello_host_tools is installed on the host? We recently had a big change to the way traces are handled there.

hey,

All Statuses fine, reboot needed

In Content Host Page, the search String is not working

the other search string is working

Katello-Host -tools
katello-host-tools-4.2.3-5.el9.noarch
katello-host-tools-tracer-4.2.3-5.el9.noarch

Thanks, this is helpful! This tells me that the status itself is working correctly (and also katello-host-tools is working); it is only the search that is not working.

Opened Bug #37354: Trace_status = reboot_needed not working after upgrade to 4.12 - Katello - Foreman